+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Holiday Travel..PLEASE HELP!

oliviarene

Star Member
Aug 11, 2012
I am from the states and have had problems at the port of entry several times. Mostly because I do have a sister and boyfriend there and would stay there for longer than a quick vacation. Usually a few months at a time, while I was unemployed. After a while, the border agents didn't like that and it became difficult for me to cross the border (a hassle everytime) which I understood though. Although I didn't like the fact that they sometimes would deny me entry.

My main question here this time is this..

My boyfriend's parents bought me a plane ticket to come stay with them for the holidays and I am planning on going. Does anyone think this is a bad idea or that I will run into any problems? I haven't done anything wrong and have been doing everything by the books since the last time I have been up there (February of 2012)..I have tried to go back up once since then but they did not allow me to due to the fact that I had text messages saying I would try to move there eventually but they of course didn't get to see the part where I have been looking for an employer to hire me as a foreign worker with a visa. This time, I am fully employed in the states, and am in the process of getting a work visa. Now, again, my main question is does anyone think that I will be ok? I am planning on taking letters from my current employers saying that I do indeed work for them and will be returning after my week of vacation, sufficient funds in my bank account, copy of the letter my possible future employer received saying that the application for the LMO we applied for was recieved (to prove that I am working on getting a visa), and of course my round-trip ticket.

I really hope for some feedback and thank you so much in advance!

oliviarene

Star Member
Aug 11, 2012
Would it be beneficial for me to possibly call the immigration office at the airport and ask them in advance or would that not be a good idea either

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

oliviarene said:
I am from the states and have had problems at the port of entry several times. Mostly because I do have a sister and boyfriend there and would stay there for longer than a quick vacation. Usually a few months at a time, while I was unemployed. After a while, the border agents didn't like that and it became difficult for me to cross the border (a hassle everytime) which I understood though. Although I didn't like the fact that they sometimes would deny me entry.

My main question here this time is this..

My boyfriend's parents bought me a plane ticket to come stay with them for the holidays and I am planning on going. Does anyone think this is a bad idea or that I will run into any problems? I haven't done anything wrong and have been doing everything by the books since the last time I have been up there (February of 2012)..I have tried to go back up once since then but they did not allow me to due to the fact that I had text messages saying I would try to move there eventually but they of course didn't get to see the part where I have been looking for an employer to hire me as a foreign worker with a visa. This time, I am fully employed in the states, and am in the process of getting a work visa. Now, again, my main question is does anyone think that I will be ok? I am planning on taking letters from my current employers saying that I do indeed work for them and will be returning after my week of vacation, sufficient funds in my bank account, copy of the letter my possible future employer received saying that the application for the LMO we applied for was recieved (to prove that I am working on getting a visa), and of course my round-trip ticket.

I really hope for some feedback and thank you so much in advance!
1. Since it appears that you have been previously refused admission, you can expect an interview on arrival. Anyone's guess that you will be admitted or not.

oliviarene

Star Member
Aug 11, 2012
Do you think it would be beneficial for me if I possibly applied for a visitor visa? I know that I am not required to have one being from the states but it could potentially help my case by proving to them that I am trying to do things right..