+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hold visa issuance before child's birth

P_A_R_I

Oct 24, 2014
guys need urgent help
A friend of mine has applied for canadian permanent residency under fsw category. She has received a mail for medicals. Now the problem is she is planning a baby and want to give a birth in home country (outside canada)only.As of now she is not pregnant. Within a week she will for medicals. Now the problem is keeping the trend in mind, visa is issued quite fast these days (15-20 days) after medicals. What are the possible scenarios to request the embassy to put he visa on hold

1.If one get's the request for passport submission, in which way one can request the embassy. The reason that she is planning for a baby and want the delivery in india will be valid enough or she needs to be pregnant?What are the scenarios
2.In case she get pregnant she will be pregnant for 1-2 months only, embassy will consider her case to hold her visa issuance as she wants her delivery in india?

The problem is that if she will be issued the visa in dec 2014, till next year she wont be able to get the passport and visa for a child, before visa expiry.

What are the possible ways one can delay the visa as she is having some complications and want the whole medical to be done here only.Secondly she dont want to get into the hazard of sponsering Tr for child on arriving in Canada.
And also as she is counted towards to cap,putting her application on hold, will effect her in any way??How much time will it took after child's birth to get visa for all?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You cannot ask CIC to put an application on hold.

If she was already pregnant, then she could complete all of the medical except the x-ray. The doctor performing the medical would then let CIC know she is pregnant and unable to complete the x-ray and finish the medical. This would put her file on hold until after the baby is born and she can complete the x-ray. However she would need to already be a few months pregnant for this to work. So this isn't an option if she's not pregnant yet.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As advised CIC don't fit visa issuance into your lifestyle plans....your friend has to land prior to PR visa expiry. She can influence landing date by delaying her medicals to the very last day/s by which she must undertake the exam but she does not know when CIC will issue the medical isnturctions. Beyond that either land and have the baby after where she wants or wait until after the birth to land. The former will require sponsorship to get the baby PR and the latter requires the baby to be added to the PR application.

P_A_R_I

Oct 24, 2014
one more question...as she already got a medical request and it wil be done in a week or so... sppose if she gets her passport request in last nov-beginning dec....she will get 45 days to submit them....in case she gets pregnant till that time....can she request the visa office to hold the visa issuance,as she will be through with her medicals...what are the reasons she can state to hold the visa , as she is having some medical complications and she wants her complete treatment to be here only.
Can she state her medical complications or visa office will not consider as she is through with her medicals????

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
P_A_R_I said:
one more question...as she already got a medical request and it wil be done in a week or so... sppose if she gets her passport request in last nov-beginning dec....she will get 45 days to submit them....in case she gets pregnant till that time....can she request the visa office to hold the visa issuance,as she will be through with her medicals...what are the reasons she can state to hold the visa , as she is having some medical complications and she wants her complete treatment to be here only.
Can she state her medical complications or visa office will not consider as she is through with her medicals????
As stated above, she cannot request that her app be put on hold. Either she lands before her COPR/visa expire or she starts the whole application from scratch.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She needs to land before the PR visa expires. However, if she has unfinished business in her home country, she can return there after her landing.

P_A_R_I

Oct 24, 2014
My basic question is ...as i stated before.. she is having some complications.. and her treatment is going on..if she succeeds with her pregnancy she can not travel till the baby is born....keeping in mind all this.... what are the possible scenarios

1. accept the visa and later on request visa office to add her child with them or they will not add any dependant after visa issuance?
2. Present the medical condition to the visa office at the time of passport request only that she can not travel till next 9 months... and 2 months later on also...as she cant leave the infant alone . So if they can hold it till the time of baby's birth .
3.No option except to accept visa and leave soon after baby and follow the messy procedure of TRV/TRP.

I have read few cases in which parents request visa office to hold it till baby's birth and they readily accepted or
the pregnancy has to be shown in medicals only then they will accept it?
One can get pregnant during the span between medicals and passport request ...What are the options for them.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
P_A_R_I said:
My basic question is ...as i stated before.. she is having some complications.. and her treatment is going on..if she succeeds with her pregnancy she can not travel till the baby is born....keeping in mind all this.... what are the possible scenarios

1. accept the visa and later on request visa office to add her child with them or they will not add any dependant after visa issuance?
2. Present the medical condition to the visa office at the time of passport request only that she can not travel till next 9 months... and 2 months later on also...as she cant leave the infant alone . So if they can hold it till the time of baby's birth .
3.No option except to accept visa and leave soon after baby and follow the messy procedure of TRV/TRP.

I have read few cases in which parents request visa office to hold it till baby's birth and they readily accepted or
the pregnancy has to be shown in medicals only then they will accept it?
One can get pregnant during the span between medicals and passport request ...What are the options for them.
If she gets pregnant before the visa expires and can present the visa office with medical evidence stating that she can not travel until the baby is born, it is possible that they will hold her application and let her add the baby. If they don't, she can appeal their decision. If she loses the appeal, she will have to apply for PR from scratch though.

P_A_R_I

Oct 24, 2014
Thank u guys for the reply....as she was requested to submit her medicals, she refused xray to be done as she doubted pregnancy, which her gynecologist advised would only be confirmed in another 15-20 days. Now what another steps she has to follow

1. Send a mail to immigration office or no need?like She needs to submit proof of pregnancy or no need?
2. In case the report comes out be negative,after 15-20 days,will it effect her case in any way?? or simply she should get her XRAY done?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
P_A_R_I said:
Thank u guys for the reply....as she was requested to submit her medicals, she refused xray to be done as she doubted pregnancy, which her gynecologist advised would only be confirmed in another 15-20 days. Now what another steps she has to follow

1. Send a mail to immigration office or no need?like She needs to submit proof of pregnancy or no need?
2. In case the report comes out be negative,after 15-20 days,will it effect her case in any way?? or simply she should get her XRAY done?
So she still does not know if she is pregnant? She needs to find out first. Then she can send the visa office proof of pregnancy and state that because of risk to the baby, she can not have the xray until the baby is born which means that she will have to add the baby to her application when it is born.