+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

History of travel - Physical Presence Calculator

Ellasky

Star Member
Jul 28, 2019
Hi! I'm working on my citizenship application and I'm having some issues with the physical presence calculator. I've been traveling a lot for the past 5 years. I found a stamp in my passport from 2015 and I can't seem to remember what it was for..! I don't recall going anywhere at this time and I can't find anything in my papers/records. Since we have the option to give consent to disclose our history of travel to IRCC in the application form, can my application get rejected if I don't add this specific date to the physical presence calculator? Thanks!

yanesrahn

Oct 7, 2008
ontario
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
12-01-12
Nomination.....
28-11-11
AOR Received.
15-02-12
Med's Request
15-02-12
Med's Done....
21-02-12
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 received 10-05-20113
Is this trip to USA, you can ask for I-94 record, also always it is good idea to have some buffer time just in case this happen, I have many one day trip to US that I don't keep record and in the interview they ask me for the I-94 record (I brought it with me) and because I have a good buffer time they didn't check one by one but I with tell I have few yellow highlights in my application physical present calculator so they checked. I also attach with my application a letter saying that I used to live very close to the border and I haven't recalled some of the day trip.. because I didn't know by that moment I can pull a record online, hopefully it with help...

Ellasky

Star Member
Jul 28, 2019
Is this trip to USA, you can ask for I-94 record, also always it is good idea to have some buffer time just in case this happen, I have many one day trip to US that I don't keep record and in the interview they ask me for the I-94 record (I brought it with me) and because I have a good buffer time they didn't check one by one but I with tell I have few yellow highlights in my application physical present calculator so they checked. I also attach with my application a letter saying that I used to live very close to the border and I haven't recalled some of the day trip.. because I didn't know by that moment I can pull a record online, hopefully it with help...
Thanks for your help! It was a US trip, based on the stamp. I also have a few 1-day trips there, but when I try to pull my I-94 online, no records are found which is really weird. Based on the calculator I have 1200 days, so hopefully I'll be okay!

Reactions: yanesrahn

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
In addition to @yanesrahn 's suggestion, which can be done in seconds, if the country you went to is not the US and you're not yourself american (and the US is the easiest trip to forget!) you can apply for your CBSA entry exit record in advance, to at least correctly know the days you were out of the country. That information may even help you remember where you've been...

I understand the link below states to NOT apply for the report for your citizenship application, but you'd apply here before the application itself and to help you fill the calculator, not to add that report to your application package :
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/thr-rav-eng.html

That being said, forgetting one trip happens often, it's generally not an issue if your buffer is big enough and the IRCC agebt reviewing your application has no doubt you're above the threshold. You can go this road if you're absolutely sure you'll be fine, and if you're confident the rest of your trips is listed correctly (one weekend in Seattle you forgot is correct, 4 trips not or incorrectly listed screams additional scrunity!).

Good luck!

Reactions: yanesrahn