+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

History of Entries to Canada and CBSA Report

mjm

Star Member
Feb 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We are filing our Citizenship Application next week. I had requested CBSA report of Entries to Canada and received couple of weeks back.

I am attaching this report from CBSA with the application.

Do I still give Consent to CIC to Collect my history of entries from CBSA?

What is implication of saying NO - whereas CBSA report is already attached?

Please advise

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
There is no need to attach something which is not asked....just give the consent....the implications could be they getting pissed off and send you a RQ.

mjm

Star Member
Feb 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone who had checked NO and had test but no RQ due to this...

mjm

Star Member
Feb 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Applicants (recents)...

Please share what yo have checked... Yes r No...

If No, did you attached a CBSA report of enteries...?

Thanks in advance.

touché

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
mjm said:
Dear Applicants (recents)...

Please share what yo have checked... Yes r No...

If No, did you attached a CBSA report of enteries...?

Thanks in advance.
I think you are better of giving consent and mailing in only the requested application documents. Just my opinion...

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
mjm said:
We are filing our Citizenship Application next week. I had requested CBSA report of Entries to Canada and received couple of weeks back.

Please advise
They will want to have your history of entries at least up until the date you apply. If your history is from earlier than this, even by a few days, then they won't be happy. In fact, CIC does a lot to find out about your travel after you've applied, even though it's not supposed to matter legally. So they may also be upset if they don't have the history up to the date they want it, which may be after you apply.

And it's true, as has been mentioned here, that they don't like it when you send documents that aren't requested. They don't want anybody to be able to speed up the process just by sending more stuff. For example, in the ATIP documents on Eileenf's website, it's mentioned that one applicant sent a completed RQ and 900 pages of documents with his application. What did CIC do? They sent him an RQ to fill out, but asking for information right up to the date of the new RQ.

The likely result of saying no is that they will ask you to send another history of entries, but ending at a later date.

YYZguy416

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Why do you feel the need to put "no" for the CBSA consent? Even if you are sending the cbsa report in your application, why not still choose "yes" For the consent? If you choose "no", it may look suspicious and they may think that you left the country right after you applied.

mjm said:

Please advise

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mjm said:

Please advise
implication is that if CIC need to cover a different timeline which they can easily present as being needed for processing reasons they will just ask you to get the info yourself by way of an RQ - but then again they may just be impressed that you did their job for them and are saving them the hassle of contacting CBSA.

Travel Dream

Sep 20, 2010
Dose the CBSA contain the history of entries to canada only or it contains the history when someone going abroad aslo