+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

High Blood pressure in medicals--Qorax and other seniors please helo

Yogi7890

Star Member
Jun 30, 2011
Hi All,

I went for medicals last evening and it turned out that my blood pressure was way too high (160/100) wherein the acceptable limit for blood pressure is 140/90 and then doctor advised me that will do it again after 15 mins and when they did it,turned out to be the same 160/100.So to diagnose the issue doctor did ECG test on me and then confirmed that it came out fine(but honestly I don't know whether he was telling the truth or not??).I am so much worried now can Hypertension and High blood pressure of such extent be the cause of Medical refusals or Do I need to go for another medical exam???Please help me guys.......

theshivster

Oct 7, 2010
Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-05-2011
IELTS Request
sent with app 8.5 band score
File Transfer...
RBVO 21 June 2011 IN PROCESS 20 Jan 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
02.10.2012 (there is only one DMP here and we were waiting on new passports) Meds line added 19.11.12
Passport Req..
07.02.2013 sent 11.2.13 arrived 12.2.13
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Dated 28.02.2013 Canadian Address on Ecas 02.03.2013 Decision Made Sunday 03.03.2013
LANDED..........
Prinicipal Applicant Landed 14 May. The rest of us landed on 2.9.2013
not a bit of wonder your blood pressure was high. The stress of actually doing the medical is enough!
Hope everything works out for you

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:D A good number of immigrants do have hypertension and go under medication. Most probably your BP might have raised due to tension during the medical exam. Even though better you may need a repeated check up to confirm your heart condition and may need continuous medication if advised by the doctor.. But take it easy, mild hypertension will not make you medically unfit. Good luck!!

Yogi7890

Star Member
Jun 30, 2011
Thanx all for ur reply...if Qorax plz u can give ur feedback on this or people on this forum has experienced the same....plz reply..Im very nerous and anxious now....plz guys...

S

shibuya

Go to the clinic 45 minutes before ur appointment , drink lots of water, do some breathing exercises, and relax ur body & mind. Bet me u will be fine.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
You will soon find out about the medicals. And hopefully it wont be an issue.

On the other hand, get yourself examined...check BP randomly, stress or no stress it shouldnt be that high.
You did rested Blood Pressure check up as well.

Anyways do get a check up, rather goto a clinic on 4-5 occasions (if you dont have a BP apparatus) to check your BP regularly. Its about your life as well, man.

Best of Luck.

francaise

Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
one of my friend got same problem in medical and you know what, he is in Canada now. So chill and don't worry about that.

Yogi7890

Star Member
Jun 30, 2011
Thanx each and everyone..fr all the replies...hope more people can give their feedback to me..any doctor...who can throw some light...and thanx francaise...ur words were more thn enough to frgt bout what happned in medicals..hope guys i make it to Canada soon.,,and will keep all of u in my prayers...amen..

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Yogi7890 said:
Hi All,

I went for medicals last evening and it turned out that my blood pressure was way too high (160/100) wherein the acceptable limit for blood pressure is 140/90 and then doctor advised me that will do it again after 15 mins and when they did it,turned out to be the same 160/100.So to diagnose the issue doctor did ECG test on me and then confirmed that it came out fine(but honestly I don't know whether he was telling the truth or not??).I am so much worried now can Hypertension and High blood pressure of such extent be the cause of Medical refusals or Do I need to go for another medical exam???Please help me guys.......
High BP, elevated Cholesterol, smoking etc. aren't a medical inadmissibility issue.

Relax, u'd be good to go. I have all the above... a shade higher than yours... was taking medications well before I took the medicals... had taken copies of all my reports to the DMP... he glanced@them, but didn't keep copies... neither was I asked to do any addnl tests... just the standard... was out in 45 minutes... 'landed' successfully way back. So would u!

Qorax
Ps.: This topic has been beaten repeatedly many times earlier on this forum.

Yogi7890

Star Member
Jun 30, 2011
Thanks a ton Qorax for d reply..... ur a life saver..Hope there's no issue as u say...and soon I can make it Canada....amen... and thanx once again...

quyhoe

Jun 21, 2013
qorax said:
High BP, elevated Cholesterol, smoking etc. aren't a medical inadmissibility issue.

Relax, u'd be good to go. I have all the above... a shade higher than yours... was taking medications well before I took the medicals... had taken copies of all my reports to the DMP... he glanced @ them, but didn't keep copies... neither was I asked to do any addnl tests... just the standard... was out in 45 minutes... 'landed' successfully way back. So would u!

Qorax
Ps.: This topic has been beaten repeatedly many times earlier on this forum.

Please help with my thread:

canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/medical-exam-for-study-permit-hypertension-problem-t153255.0.html