Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
greatlebguy said:
Dear Members,
with great pleasire I inform you that we got approved, we've received our visas and we are preparing ourselves to move there in January to start our new life.
Thanks you all for your support and advices.
warm Regards
What a great ending. :)

Congrats, and welcome to Canada!

greatlebguy

Sep 24, 2010
edupolo said:
Hi,

Congrats!

I am also from Spain and me and my partner (American) also got Permanent Residence earlier this year. Where are you planning to move in Canada. We will be in Toronto.

It would be cool to meet other Spaniards since there are not many of us in Canada. I think we tend to stay in our country or move to South America. How come you decided to come to Canada?
Hi Edupolo
first of all thank you for your message
well i presented my application few months before I met my partner and it was in process while our relationship was developing and due to the bad economical circumstances in spain we decided to continue with the application.
definitely we would love to meet you ... once we will be there we will get in touch, we are going to Toronto
Regards

greatlebguy

Sep 24, 2010
Bargeld said:
What a great ending. :)

Congrats, and welcome to Canada!
Thank you a lot Bargeld ... yes after so many complications and waiting ... finally everything went fine ... Thanks God :)
our story looks a little bit like like a fairy novel ... and you know such stories they always end with a "happy ending" :D
we are both very happy and looking forward to this experience
Regards

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
How great to hear that your application was successful! Thanks for letting us know how it all turned out.

edupolo

Jun 24, 2009
Visa Office......
London (Ottawa)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2007
Doc's Request.
17-02-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
10-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
yes, it is great to hear a happy ending, especially so close to Christmas!

Keep in touch once you get to Toronto, it will be very cool to meet, let's see what you think of this great country (although still very much in love with Spain, but you can always have two places close to your heart).

mittens

Star Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2011
Med's Done....
20-04-2011
congratulations! your story gave me the warm fuzzies heh

ladyinwaiting

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
25-02-2012
Med's Request
18-10-2012
Med's Done....
01-12-2012
Passport Req..
10-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2013
LANDED..........
23-02-2013
I read your story and I was very touched! I'm really happy for you and your partner! :)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I believe he does NOT have his PR because he stated that he had his visa but has not yet landed. If he DID already land as a PR without declaring a spouse or dependent, he would have no option to bring that spouse or dependent to Canada under the Family Class, because that person would not be considered a member of the Family Class.
toby said:
This is no time for speculation.

I take it that you have your PR, but your partner has not, and you want to sponsor his later? That process will take some time.

If I were you I'd consult with an immigration lawyer, to sort out your options.

He may be able to get you "off the hook" for not declaring your marriage in your PR application, since to do so might have been dangerous in Lebanon. I would not want to rely on the discretion of employees in the Canadian Visa Office in Lebanon; what if someone spoke out of turn? He/she might lose his job, but you could suffer a far worse fate. This alone might be justification in Canada's eyes for your not declaring your marriage.

Or, the lawyer might advise you to say nothing, let your partner apply for PR on his own, and then you marry again in Canada. He could advise you whether this would be fraudulent or not. After all, all would be OK if you both had obtained PR independently, then married. The only difference here is that you married first, in Spain. Not a substantive difference to Canada, I'd imagine, but it's best to check with a lawyer.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey there, this is a great ending - congrats to you and your husband - although I am a bit confused about how you both landed at the same time as I thought you were about to land as a permanent resident and then begin the process of sponsoring your husband.
greatlebguy said:
Dear Members,
with great pleasire I inform you that we got approved, we've received our visas and we are preparing ourselves to move there in January to start our new life.
warm Regards

eeeeeeeelectric

Mar 20, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2011
AOR Received.
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
15-03-2011
Interview........
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
1-16-2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-19-2012
LANDED..........
1-21-2012
I am so happy for you both! It makes me appreciate the fact that we did not have to hide our genders or statuses, even though the US does not recognise our marriage (and my state doesn't even consider my wife a next of kin).

I hope you tell your story all over the world (I guess you did here, but I mean like a big blog or something!).

Cheers!!!! Congratulations!!!

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
greatlebguy said:
Dear Members,
warm Regards
Wonderful news and the best part has got to be not needing to look over your shoulders because you did it the right way! Congrats

jacobsdennis

Oct 21, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2010
AOR Received.
19-01-2011
File Transfer...
07-03-2011
Interview........
07-12-2011
Passport Req..
07-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
A very sincere CONGRATULATIONS, Greatlebguy!!! My same-sex Filipino partner just got approved a couple of weeks ago so I know what you're feeling!!! It's great to see that things worked out for you and if you're moving to Edmonton, Alberta, please private message me! My partner and I would love to meet you guys!!!

Again, welcome to Canada!!!

greatlebguy

Sep 24, 2010
Thank you all for your messages and your support.
It was very helpful sharing my worries and doubts in this forum and now it is a great pleasure to share the moments of joy.
I think it is a wonderful place to share thoughts and experiences so the other members can benefit form our stories.
I am glad that I went all the process again and did everything as it should be ... and I didn't land alone and bear the consequences. I went throughout the whole process again, though it took us more time, but the satisfaction is higher now.
Now we are looking forward to land together and start our new life there in Toronto.
I will take advantage to wish you a Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year full of happiness, success and amazing moments.
Warm Regards.