AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Can you please re-phrase your question, or elaborate? It's difficult to understand you. Thanks!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
I think they mean that they are an illegal alien married to a canadian citizen or PR and want to know if they are still able to be sponsored (or vice versa).

canadavisauser1

Dec 22, 2010
let s say, I am an illegal immigrant from other country and living in canada now, I met someone that I am in love with and got married. Can this person sponsor me and help me to applly for pr in canada even I m an illegal immigrant in canada? How that works? Thanks.

Panda

Dec 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
AOR Received.
24-01-2011
File Transfer...
18-01-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Passport Req..
23-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2011
LANDED..........
Very Soon...
I think they are really strict now about the relationship, you might need to explain CIC that what made your status as illegal and what steps did you took in past to inform CIC about your status and then your spouse have to talk to CIC for the path need to be followed for successful application.

It could be a bumpy ride

Panda

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
When I went for my landing interview Inalnd, one of the questions and proofs asked was my legal status in Canada.

As far as I am aware, to apply for spousal PR, you do not need legal status but it is advised to have it. Upon landing though, I needed to show proof I was legally in Canada. I also needed a current up to date passport.

I also believe that you need to show legal status in Canada to get a marriage cert.

canadavisauser1

Dec 22, 2010
How about if I am an illegal immigrant in canada. Do you think I qualify for pr or do I have to leave the country to apply for pr? Thanks.

patiently_waiting

Nov 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 22, 2010
AOR Received.
November 26, 2010
File Transfer...
November 1, 2010
Med's Done....
July 13, 2010
Passport Req..
February 14, 2011
I went on google and looked up your question and this is what I could come up with. Good Luck

Home Page > Law > Immigration > Sponsoring Spouses Who Are Illegally Resident in Canada Sponsoring Spouses Who Are Illegally Resident in Canada

Many Canadian citizens marry a foreign fiancee in Canada even though they are not legally resident there. Prior to 2005, it was against the law to sponsor your foreign spouse if he/she was illegally resident in Canada. A change to public policy on illegal immigrants who were legally married to Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada now allows the spouse to be sponsored regardless of their immigration status.

If your husband or wife lives illegally in Canada, he/she must correct the problems with their illegal status before you apply to sponsor him/her. The first step is to apply for a temporary residence permit. The application is available from Citizenship and Immigration Canada. Once completed it should be mailed along with proof of fee payment and supporting documents to the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Vegreville, Alberta.

If temporary residence is denied, your spouse can apply for consideration on humanitarian and compassionate grounds. Once temporary residence has been granted, you can apply for sponsorship for your spouse by submitting a sponsorship application to Citizenship and Immigration Canada; your spouse must submit an application for permanent residence. Your spouse's previous immigration violation will be overlooked, however if your husband or wife is deemed inadmissible to Canada their application will be refused and they will not be able to appeal against the decision. Inadmissibility will result in your partner being deported.

Read more: http://www.articlesbase.com/immigration-articles/sponsoring-spouses-who-are-illegally-resident-in-canada-3001847.html#ixzz1DnQ8fHlj
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

patiently_waiting said:
I went on google and looked up your question and this is what I could come up with. Good Luck

Home Page > Law > Immigration > Sponsoring Spouses Who Are Illegally Resident in Canada Sponsoring Spouses Who Are Illegally Resident in Canada

Many Canadian citizens marry a foreign fiancee in Canada even though they are not legally resident there. Prior to 2005, it was against the law to sponsor your foreign spouse if he/she was illegally resident in Canada. A change to public policy on illegal immigrants who were legally married to Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada now allows the spouse to be sponsored regardless of their immigration status.

If your husband or wife lives illegally in Canada, he/she must correct the problems with their illegal status before you apply to sponsor him/her. The first step is to apply for a temporary residence permit. The application is available from Citizenship and Immigration Canada. Once completed it should be mailed along with proof of fee payment and supporting documents to the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Vegreville, Alberta.

If temporary residence is denied, your spouse can apply for consideration on humanitarian and compassionate grounds. Once temporary residence has been granted, you can apply for sponsorship for your spouse by submitting a sponsorship application to Citizenship and Immigration Canada; your spouse must submit an application for permanent residence. Your spouse's previous immigration violation will be overlooked, however if your husband or wife is deemed inadmissible to Canada their application will be refused and they will not be able to appeal against the decision. Inadmissibility will result in your partner being deported.

Read more: http://www.articlesbase.com/immigration-articles/sponsoring-spouses-who-are-illegally-resident-in-canada-3001847.html#ixzz1DnQ8fHlj

nder Creative Commons License: Attribution
Much better off to read CIC's policy in IP Manual 08

3. Policy
CIC is committed to family reunification and facilitating processing in cases of genuine spouses
and common-law partners already living together in Canada. CIC is also committed to preventing
the hardship resulting from the separation of spouses and common-law partners together in
Canada, where possible.
This means that spouses or common-law partners in Canada, regardless of their immigration
status, are now able to apply for permanent residence from within Canada in accordance with the
same criteria as members of the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada class. This
facilitative policy applies only to relationships in which undertakings of support have been
submitted.
Undertakings are a requirement under this public policy largely because undertakings can be an
indication of the applicant’s links with relatives in Canada, which is, in turn, a factor that adds to
the degree of hardship involved in the separation of spouses and common-law partners.
Undertakings are also a requirement in the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada class.
A25 is being used to facilitate the processing of all genuine out-of-status spouses or common-law
partners in the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada class where an undertaking has been
submitted. Pending H&C spousal applications with undertakings will also be processed through
this class1. The effect of the policy is to exempt applicants from the requirement under
R124(b) to be in status and the requirements under A21(1) and R72(1)(e)(i) to not be
inadmissible due to a lack of status; however, all other requirements of the class apply and
applicants will be processed based on guidelines in IP2 and IP8.

See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip08-eng.pdf

canadavisauser1

Dec 22, 2010
I know someone who use smuggler service to help enter canada illegaly. Will it be considered inadmissable if someone entered canada by using smugglers service? What action should be done on this kind problem?

patiently_waiting

Nov 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 22, 2010
AOR Received.
November 26, 2010
File Transfer...
November 1, 2010
Med's Done....
July 13, 2010
Passport Req..
February 14, 2011
Thanks PMM, like I said I googled it because it seemed like lots were looking but not many answers..

Anyway, buddy.. this is not a how to immigrate to Canada illegally forum, you may as well kick everyone here in the teeth that are going about it the right way. Man up ... it is a privelidge to live here not a right.