+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hi

manjit

Jun 18, 2009
Hi

I want to have my brother who is 17 years old and just finished high school to come to Canada on study permit.

What are his options on becoming a permanent resident via study permit? and how long does it take to get permanent residence? please help.

thanks,

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
Being 17, i presume that he doesn't have work experience so after he finishes his study, he could apply through the CEC program or even through FSW3 if he gets enough points after 1 year of work. I don't know all the rules, but you can search under CEC or FSW3.

IF he gets a job in Canada then he can also try through PNP of the province where he studied.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You realize that he will be paying international student college fees? They are a lot higher than if you are PR or a citizen.

His way to PR would be to graduate from college and get a post-grad work permit, find an employer and work. He can then work for a year and then apply for PR under Canadian experience class (provided that he had at least 2 years college and that it's a skilled job) or he can see about applying under a PNP or get the 1 year experience and see if he qualifies under FSW.