+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hi there, please Leon and others, I need help

mohsen123

Aug 25, 2014
Hi to all,
I landed in 2007 and stayed in Canada for 2 months. I left Canada for personal reasons for more than 3 years. I returned back to Canada on November of 2010 without being reported and since then I didn’t left Canada. After completing my 2 years, I renewed my PR card. After completing more than 3 years of residency, I applied for citizenship. I received recently a letter to attend the citizenship test next week.
During the test, if the officer realizes that I had a breach in residency during the first five years, my questions are:
1) What will the consequences of this on my application?
2) Or, only the last 3 years out of 4 will be taken into consideration for citizenship?

Thank you in advance

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mohsen123 said:
Hi to all,
I landed in 2007 and stayed in Canada for 2 months. I left Canada for personal reasons for more than 3 years. I returned back to Canada on November of 2010 without being reported and since then I didn't left Canada. After completing my 2 years, I renewed my PR card. After completing more than 3 years of residency, I applied for citizenship. I received recently a letter to attend the citizenship test next week.
During the test, if the officer realizes that I had a breach in residency during the first five years, my questions are:
2) Or, only the last 3 years out of 4 will be taken into consideration for citizenship?

Thank you in advance
You will be fine don't worry. As long as you accumulated 1095 days don't worry. They may still ask you Why you spent 3 years away from Canada, so be prepared to give a good logic answer to this question

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no issue, as long as you have a legit reason which i think u do.
u fufilled ur residency requirement and thats why they let you take the test. so just try to get a perfect score and dont stress about interview. bring all supporting documents u have, such as work/education to prove your tie to canada.
gd luck.
btw, mind sharing your timeline?

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
mohsen123 said:
This. They will mostly focus on 3 out of the last 4 years. If you have a strong presence in Canada during this time (job, residence, etc) then you should be ok.

sm2312

Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mohsen123 said:
Hi to all,
I landed in 2007 and stayed in Canada for 2 months. I left Canada for personal reasons for more than 3 years. I returned back to Canada on November of 2010 without being reported and since then I didn't left Canada. After completing my 2 years, I renewed my PR card. After completing more than 3 years of residency, I applied for citizenship. I received recently a letter to attend the citizenship test next week.

Thank you in advance
Hi Mohsen123,

I had the same situation as you and waited to complete 2 years in Canada before renewing my PR card. I had my test and interview yesterday and while the Officer did ask about my initial landing in 2006 and subsequent absence, he himself said that it is outside the 4 year period and doesn't matter. In the end he gave us the oath letter for this Friday!!!

So don't worry about this issue and concentrate on the test.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
I had my test last week and for the interview, I got the impression it helps the officer to a) confirm you are indeed who you say you are(identity documents); b) what's on the application is consistent with what you are saying; c) inquire about the future and lastly d) assess your language skills.

So don't be surprised if the officer asks you about your job or education, spouse(when you got married), future, etc. Also, pay attention and actually understand the question asked before answering. They are only concerned about the past 4 yrs but be prepared in general, just in case the officer asks about something outside that period (they are afterall allowed to do that if they think it's necessary).