+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hi, Query related to WES

swa@1112

Oct 12, 2019
hi,

In the WES application, what does year awarded mean. I graduated in 2016, but my degree certificate says:
This is to certify that having been examined in 2016 and found qualified for the degree of Bachelor of Commerce (Honours Course) xx Daughter of YY was awarded the said degree at the convocation held in 2017.

Now i am confused because Year awarded in WES says " Usually the year of award on your WES evaluation report refers to the year you passed the final degree examination"

So what should be the year awarded.. 2017 or 2016 ??

maheshmit

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
hi,

In the WES application, what does year awarded mean. I graduated in 2016, but my degree certificate says:
This is to certify that having been examined in 2016 and found qualified for the degree of Bachelor of Commerce (Honours Course) xx Daughter of YY was awarded the said degree at the convocation held in 2017.

Now i am confused because Year awarded in WES says " Usually the year of award on your WES evaluation report refers to the year you passed the final degree examination"

Year of award refers to the year in which you passed the final exam. Convocation date is not relevant here. If the final exams were conducted in 2016, then 2016 is the year of award.

PrernaJoshi

Aug 20, 2020
hi,

Hi I am in the same boat, can you please share which date did you finally mentioned?

gauravji

Dec 21, 2021
Year of award refers to the year in which you passed the final exam. Convocation date is not relevant here. If the final exams were conducted in 2016, then 2016 is the year of award.
What if someone has backlog and final reappear exam is one or two years after but degree applied is after two three years then what will be awarded year.final reappear exam year or date on degree i.e two three years after date