+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hi Leon, we received letters from Vegreville

again001

Jul 24, 2008
My spouse and I received separate letters from the officer handling our file in Vegreville. The letter says almost the same thing ... That our file has been transferred to the local local office and we 'May' be contacted for an interview and a decision will be made by the local office.

It also says 'Passports must be valid for the duration of our stay in Canada'. My passport has expired I was wondering if I should renew it or wait to hear from the local office first.

Thanks for any ideas.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will have to renew it sooner or later but when in doubt, call CIC and ask what to do. If you have to send in your expired passport to your embassy to get a new one, at least make sure you take copies of it if CIC wants to see it.

again001

Jul 24, 2008
Thank you Leon. I was reading some furums where some people say when a file is sent to the local office without having received First Stage Approval, it usually means it might take a little bit longer. Should I get ready for that?

Is there any other thing I should be aware of?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It will take a little longer if they have to interview you. I don't know about anything else you might have to be aware of.