+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hi I am mbbs graduate from india and doing ms anatomy from government institute in India , I want to settle in Canada what are the ways ?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is Mrcs uk and Mrcs Canada same or different
After mbbs graduate from india and Mrcs qualified and post mbbs work experience, how many chances are there to survive
What's your net worth after your post mbbs work experience?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1lac per month post mbbs in govt institute and more in private
You may have to save many more months. According to google, 1 lac is about $1600. That's nearly 1 month of non-market rent on affordable 1 bedroom housing. The waiting list for this type of housing is pretty long.

Cunningham

Sep 22, 2023
You may have to save many more months. According to google, 1 lac is about $1600. That's nearly 1 month of non-market rent on affordable 1 bedroom housing. The waiting list for this type of housing is pretty long.
Sir if you have any knowledge per se about the question I asked about Mrcs then it's fine , enlighten me , coz I don't need any financial manager

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sir if you have any knowledge per se about the question I asked about Mrcs then it's fine , enlighten me , coz I don't need any financial manager
Then you should edit your earlier post and omit how many chances are there to survive.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have not asked my survival chances
I have asked about the difference between Mrcs uk and Mrcs Canada
To refresh your memory:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/hi-i-am-mbbs-graduate-from-india-and-doing-ms-anatomy-from-government-institute-in-india-i-want-to-settle-in-canada-what-are-the-ways.823111/#post-10617115

See your post (your #15 in this thread and #16 my post with the quoted post of yours). You asked about your survival chances. You are denying.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
[QUOTE}
I have not asked my survival chances
I have asked about the difference between Mrcs uk and Mrcs Canada
[/QUOTE]
You did ask about survival chances in post #15.
After mbbs graduate from india and Mrcs qualified and post mbbs work experience, how many chances are there to survive

Why don’t you research your chances on the CAGS website. Most likely like MBBS, you need to redo your residency. First you need to immigrate through Express Entry. So you need IELTS and ECA for degree.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
To be eligible to practice medicine in Canada you would first have to pass 2 licensing exams and then try and secure a residency spot. The big issue is there aren’t many spots after Canadian medical graduates have gotten matched with their residency positions. Many IMGs are never able to get licensed in Canada. A large percentage end up leaving Canada. If you are one of the lucky ones there are typically only certain residencies leftover and some are for French speakers. Most have applied multiple years before getting selected. Typcially the residencies left are in family medicine, pathology, psychiatry, public health and maybe a general surgery, internal medicine or on/gym spots but those aren’t in large number and will vary year to year. The residency spots tend to be in smaller cities. If you are already a practicing physician for multiple years a few provinces have to option to have supervised training in an underserved with a commitment that you will remain in that community for a certain amount of years. Typically these are only family medicine and provinces can’t secure enough supervisors to cover all the spots available. If you want to ensure you practice medicine going forward and want to move I would suggest UK, Ireland or even the US may be an option if you can secure a residency. Australia and New Zealand may be an option it depends on your circumstances. If you are already practicing medicine the gulf countries may be an option. What type of physician are you or do you want to be.

When people hear about wait list it isn’t as simple as training more physicians. Except GPs it is primarily about budget issues and shortages of other healthcare workers. That limits how many beds can be opened, how long ORs can be in use,etc

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The Canadian medical system is not the same. Students do an undergraduate degree first (technically you can get accepted after 3 years of undergraduate studies by that rarely happens) and many even do a masters degree. Then they go to medical school for 4 years and during their last year apply for a residency. Residency can last 2-7 years. Many do fellowships after that. After a residency a physician can practice without a supervisor. French universities in Quebec have a slightly different system where they can get into medical school earlier. There is less competition to get into the French speaking medical programs compared to the whole country applying for the English speaking medical schools since there are less students who would qualify to attend medical school in French.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The Canadian medical system is not the same. Students do an undergraduate degree first (technically you can get accepted after 3 years of undergraduate studies by that rarely happens) and many even do a masters degree. Then they go to medical school for 4 years and during their last year apply for a residency. Residency can last 2-7 years. Many do fellowships after that. After a residency a physician can practice without a supervisor. French universities in Quebec have a slightly different system where they can get into medical school earlier. There is less competition to get into the French speaking medical programs compared to the whole country applying for the English speaking medical schools since there are less students who would qualify to attend medical school in French.
How many months do you think he needs to save in order to survive in Canada when his Indian income after post mbbs work experience of 1 lac per month?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quoted a post from another post, which the funds required not enough:

Hello,

Good day to you all.

I am completing my Canada study permit application and I got stuck on the "Finance" section. They ask about four questions under this section:
First, state the total fees to be paid to the school for entire duration of the program- My course is undergraduate of three years (CAD$20,000 X 3)= CAD $60,000.
Second, state the total amount for food and lodging for the duration of the program ($10,000 X 3 = CAD $30,000).
Third is Optional, but I will add miscelaneous of CAD $15,000 since living expenses have been on the increase in Canada currently.
The forth question is what I don't undertsand, please help! They ask us to state "Funds Available For Your Stay In Canada". Would I state the funds available for the first year of the progrmme or the three years? If it is the three years, that would amount to stating around CAD $100,000????

Pls advise...many thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How many months do you think he needs to save in order to survive in Canada when his Indian income after post mbbs work experience of 1 lac per month?
There isn’t a fixed amount. Depends on whether you will work when studying for your licensing exam, where you live, etc. Would reserve around 10k for licensing and other requirements. The bigger issue is the fact there is no guarantee that you’ll ever get to secure a residency. Licensing exams is actually the easy part.