+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hi I am a Newbie.....looking for some advice

Rox_Ari05

Apr 3, 2008
California, USA
Hello everyone how are you? I happened to come across this website when I looked up Canadian Immigration. I want to tell you a little about myself and why I want to move to Canada. Well I am an American Citizen and I married a Mexican Citizen in Nov. 2005. We started his paper work for his american visa or to us it is his green card. Well that process took all of two years or so and we finally recieved his appointment in Mexico. Well on Nov. 30, 2007, my husband went to his interview and was denied for 10 years. Meaning he cannot come to the United States until 2017. He was consider inadmissable and cannot file a wavier til 2017. So this is very sad. So my husband and I have been apart for 4 months and I am planning to visit often til we can figure something out. Well just recently as you all know the American borders are stronger then ever and I dont want him to cross illegally, that is why we are in this mess in the first place.

My husband recently saw on tv in Mexico that Canada is advertising for Mexican to migrate to Canada instead of America. It would help the Canadian economy and it is easier to get there Visa then the American Visa. I have also read on the internet the same thing. So my question is How do I ger started? What do i need to do to get my visa and my husbands visa? We want to do the right way and if we can be together in Canada then why not. If you guys can give me any help or advice would be great. If you need more info let me know and I will be glad to give it you you.

Mar 15, 2008
You can apply as a skilled worker this will take around two years utmost.
Then you both can immigrate. But with Canadian PR they will ask
your husband to get an FBI Police Clearance certificate. If he did not
commit any criminal offense, he can get it without issues.

imjoe

Star Member
Nov 28, 2007
If you wish to immigrate to Canada One of the two of you will need to apply as a skilled worker. Whomever has the best score should apply as the primary, with the other one (and children if any) as dependants.

One thing that comes to mind is that if you apply via Buffalo and are required for an interview you might run into problems because he can't go into the US. So it might be better if you apply via Mexico City.

But I advise you, you are in for a LONG Wait, it can easily take 4 years to get a PR this way.

I'm sorry to hear all of this and your situation seems grim. If you really want to live together you could try and relocate to Border Towns and live on the Mexican Side. Tijuana-San Diego, Mexicali-Calexico, Nuevo Laredo-Laredo, Nogales-Nogales etc.... San Diego and Calexico are probably your best bet to get the best Jobs but the crossing into the US is very slow.

nomlah

Star Member
Feb 10, 2008
Rox_Ari05 said:
Hello everyone how are you? I happened to come across this website when I looked up Canadian Immigration. I want to tell you a little about myself and why I want to move to Canada. Well I am an American Citizen and I married a Mexican Citizen in Nov. 2005. We started his paper work for his american visa or to us it is his green card. Well that process took all of two years or so and we finally recieved his appointment in Mexico. Well on Nov. 30, 2007, my husband went to his interview and was denied for 10 years. Meaning he cannot come to the United States until 2017. He was consider inadmissable and cannot file a wavier til 2017. So this is very sad. So my husband and I have been apart for 4 months and I am planning to visit often til we can figure something out. Well just recently as you all know the American borders are stronger then ever and I dont want him to cross illegally, that is why we are in this mess in the first place.

My husband recently saw on tv in Mexico that Canada is advertising for Mexican to migrate to Canada instead of America. It would help the Canadian economy and it is easier to get there Visa then the American Visa. I have also read on the internet the same thing. So my question is How do I ger started? What do i need to do to get my visa and my husbands visa? We want to do the right way and if we can be together in Canada then why not. If you guys can give me any help or advice would be great. If you need more info let me know and I will be glad to give it you you.
Hi,
Visit Official web site of Department of Citizenship and Immigration Canada. Check your point and points of your husband. Check other requirements. If you or your husband have required point and meet other requirements, apply for immigration as skilled worker.

Wish you good luck,

Webmaster,
http://thinkingofcanada.com
http://study.thinkingofcanada.com
http://voices.thinkingofcanada.com
http://video.thinkingofcanada.com

Rox_Ari05

Apr 3, 2008
California, USA
So is the best thing for me and my husband to do is to see if we are even qualified i.e the points test and go on from there. After the points what do i do then? How come somewhere I read that you can get a visa in 28 days? And do you neccisarily need to have a job lined up when you apply?

Sorry so many questions....I just wnat to do it the right way....you know

Suave

Mar 24, 2008
Hey Rox, I may just be the guy for your problem :) I so happen to be a Mexican citizen and i live in the US (seattle) and im planning on moving to Canada soon :) As you have now experience just as I have the immigration system in the US is ridiculous, insulting and obsolete, Which is why after living 8 years in the US (legally) im going north.

I looked up online what where my possibilities as to where to apply (since im Mexican and I live in the US i have a choice of what consulate to apply to) Similar to what you are experiencing. I opted for Buffalo but only because the application process is shorter than it is in Mexico City, otherwise i would have done it there since the process its a lot easier for Mexicans than Americans (as it turns out your husband is right they do like Mexicans more than Americans out there, or at least it seems that way) anyways,

As other people have mention before you should look into skilled worker permanent resident the process in Mexico city takes 16 months as opposed to 13 in Buffalo,ny. so your real loss is 4 months no big deal, certainly what i am trying to say is that you should apply from Mexico because it is very likely that you will be asked to go to an interview and your husband wont be able to make it and that only means trouble.

Qualifying for the PR as a skilled worker is a joke, all you need is a degree, speak English, know how to say Bonne journée, omment vas-tu? and with him speaking spanish, french is a breeze.... any ways the CIC website has an assestment you can take that will tell you if you qualify and if you do. Apply as soon as possible the only major barrier to the application ( I have found ) is coming up with the Funds that you are required to show as of right now you need bank statements that show $12,000+ Canadian/US So either get a loan or start saving.

email me if you have any more questions, and good luck
encarbajal@gmail.com