22-6-2011
Passport Req..
30-6-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-07-2011
LANDED..........
INSHAA ALLAH very soon
hi,
this is tahir ahmed from karachi, pakistan. i have just got an admission in the niagara college in culinary managment 2 years diploma.
now i am preparing my self to get a study permite. can anyone please tell me what is A SOP, who requried it a college or a visa officer?
and what are the TIES?

thanks

Obeid_oo

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi tahir

AN SOP ( statement of purpose) or a study plan is usually required by the embassy. It should describe your academic background and current academic plans , it can be a maximum of one page.

for the TIES explanation please visit this link

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t65566.0.html

snake

Feb 10, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy -Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Salam Tahir,

SOP stands for statement of purpose. It is mainly needed by the university while applying for a particular program. It is mainly the 1 page summary of your interest, achievements and future goals. Some people also like to include a SOP with their visa papers, it may strengthen your application as the visa officer will have an idea about your plans as well.

TIES? did you mean home ties? home ties are the bonding or relationship/interaction that you have with your home country. As for an example, your parents live in Pakistan, it gives you support that you will come back to Pakistan after your studies to take care and live with your parents. Home ties can be jobs even (sabbatical leave for a year or two), wife and children, investment in the country or even property.

Hope my answer helps, good luck.

tahir ahmed

Mar 11, 2011
karachi, pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2011
Med's Request
18-6-2011
Med's Done....
22-6-2011
Passport Req..
30-6-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-07-2011
LANDED..........
INSHAA ALLAH very soon
hi,
thanks for the information, so should i send it with my visa application? or they will ask if the need it?

Obeid_oo

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it is better to attach a study plan with your application for visa, I don't think they ask for it , but it helps the Visa officer in better understanding your situation and plans.

tahir ahmed

Mar 11, 2011
karachi, pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2011
Med's Request
18-6-2011
Med's Done....
22-6-2011
Passport Req..
30-6-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-07-2011
LANDED..........
INSHAA ALLAH very soon
walikaukumsalam,

thank you all for the information, but can you please tell me what a SOP should be? any example any formate?
brother is supporting me with all this, i am a chef currently working in a catreing, but i want to learn more
in culinary arts, but here in pakistan there is no such uni or any inst for culinary feild, my brother in an engineer
working in qater for last 13 years, bmy question is how i show the relation to my brother?

Obeid_oo

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you can show your brother's birth certificate and your birth certificate to show the relation.

an example of study plan would be to write a letter explaining these few points

# Why do you wish to study in Canada in the program for which you have been accepted?
# What is your overall educational goal?
# Why are you not pursuing a similar program in your country of residence/citizenship?
# What research have you done into studies in your country of residence/citizenship?
# How will this program enhance your employment opportunities in your country of residence/citizenship?

nazia2k

Mar 9, 2011
Ties can be proved by many ways. If u r married it is a plus point you can not abandon your wife or kids. Otherwise focus on on your career goals and how will it benefit you back in your country. Make sure do not give away extra useless information just focus on your back ground education, previous work experience, why this course and college. No emotional talk or a sign of desperation. U write in a way that Canada needsyou not you need Canada. Write your sop based on hard facts

macthepak

Feb 13, 2011
Re: student visa rejected,will apply again,,,good idea?

SOP is a self serving document and carries no value. Just like an affidavid. I shoot from the hip!

macthepak

Feb 13, 2011

Is there any point the vo reading an SOP? Or an affidavit? Because both documents are written by the applicant or supporters of the applicant and not a neutral or third person. An affidavit will never say "The applicant has immigration intent" or "the applicant just wants to make entry into country and than disappear". Plus these documents are not enforceable. Suppose i write from pakistan saying i will sponsor xyz and than i refuse. How can the chc enforce this? They cannot!

nazia2k

Mar 9, 2011
95 percent students from Pakistan emigrate to Canada on student visas that means CHC will shut down their office. They are here to earn money canadian schools want to earn money. Lol little informAtion is very dangerous. My statement of purpose was read by a visa officer 5 sentences were underlined by a highlighter. Since I'm single have not done any work in Pakistan no future job offer from any organization. The course im going to persue in cad was available at every city/university in Pakistan yet I was able to overcome these reasons because of a convincing SOP. This document is not make or break but it really helps to explain a position from students side without being interviewed. Some info was missing from my docs that had nothing to with home ties finance course availlibity misrepresentation. All I can say for sure is that EVERY DOCUMENT IS REVIEWED THOROUGHLY. if they are charging 125 $ study permit fees they are not going to do a messy job on their part.

Obeid_oo

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nazia you are absolutely right on that part.
A study plan/ SOP serves a great purpose in making clear the applicant's situation to an officer.

macthepak

Feb 13, 2011

Nazia. How do you know the visa officer underlined 5 of your lines in your SOP?