+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

hey everybody.. me again and very very worried..

Beth0386

Apr 1, 2011
hi.. i dont know if anybody remembers me.. im Uruguayan and i got married to a wonderful canadian in july 3, 2011. The thing is we havent been able to apply for my residence yet.. so ive been coming to my country every 6 months.
The thing is WE ARE EXPECTING A BABY!!! yeah.. she is gonna be born May 25, 2012.. but i dont know what to do..
I came to my country now.. because my visitor visa was about to expire.. and i wanted to see some family.. im going back to canada march 8.. (im tryn to change my ticket and go sooner so im not huge at the time im going through inmigration)..

questions..
- which are the chances that being married to a canadian.. they will send me back cuz im pregnant?? we want the baby to be born in canada so is less paper work to do.. we have enough with my application..

- the other thing that is freakn me out is.. i need a multiple entrance visa for canada.. which i have.. but is gonna expire JUNE 30, which means i will have to get out of the country before that date.. which means my baby is not even gonna be a month old... is there a way i can apply for a new multiple entrance from within canada?? so i dont have to leave right away?? they only gave me the multiple entrance visa for a year.. because i didnt see my passport was expiring in July too.. i already found out that i can apply for a new passport as soon as i get into canada.. but then i need a new multiple entrance visa..

- i forgot my marriage certificate in canada.. should i ask my husband to send it to me so i can show it at inmigration in case the start bitching at me being pregnant??

thanks friends! im freakn here.. i will apreciate some answers :))

sad143

Aug 7, 2011
U can extend ur visa once ur in Canada but just make sure that u send ur application to extend ur visa before 30 days of ur current expiration date..

Beth0386

Apr 1, 2011
but can i extend the multiple entrance visa??? because the fact im from uruguay i need a visa before even travelling... is not the visa that inmigration gives me.. its not the 6 months one to stay int he country.. is the one that allows me to even try to go to canada..

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp

Hopefully you're aware of the costs of delivering a baby in Canada without any health care. Plus the pre and post natal care.
You will also need to obtain a passport for the baby before you can leave with him/her.

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
Just wanted to point out that if the baby's father is Canadian then he/she does not have to be physically born in Canada to acquire Canadian citizenship. Just something to keep in mind before you in incur thousands of dollars in legal fees giving birth in Canada without health insurance here.

Victorfoxtrot

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-11
File Transfer...
04-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-12
LANDED..........
26-02-12
Why haven't you submitted your spousal application? You've been married 6 months or more - I can't understand why this has not been your first priority? Perhaps I am missing something here. You do realise that if you are married you do not need to be able to prove that you have lived together for 1 year. From what I can see from the CIC website you should do an Outland application via the Buenos Aires, Argentina office which handles applications for Uruguayans. The average processing time is 10 months.

Agree with Pinklady - are you aware how much it will cost you to have a baby in Canada when you are not eligible for health insurance? Maybe I am simplyfying things here too much, but I would have the baby in Uruguay, but first of all I would get your spousal PR app in.

Beth0386

Apr 1, 2011
yeah.. the thing is we had some problems with my husband family... and we really werent able to save the money we needed for my application.. apart from other personal issues..
i have everything done.. i came to my country now to get all my shit for the application.. all the legalized papers i needed and well now we are ready and we have the money.. so yeah.. as soon as i step on canadian territory im sending everything to get it.
Now that i know the baby would be canadian too.. even if its born in uruguay.. i will tell my husband about it... but the thing is.. he wouldnt be able to come.. he just started a new job ( which he cant quit for obvios reasons) he is a diamond driller.. and he is out of town for 28 days and comes to me for 2 weeks and always like that.. we cant afford him quiting his job when our baby is coming in less than 4 months..
but we will see..
but i dont understand why would the baby be canadian if the dad is canadian... cant the baby be uruguayan if im uruguayan and she is born here in uruguay??
and.. what u mean i dont have to prove we lived together for a year?? if im married?? fuck.. the lawyers doing all this paper work asked me a loooooot of bullshit... since letters when we started the relationship to everydays pictures...

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Some people apply as common law and they have to provide proof they have lived together continuously for one year, in order to qualify as common law. You are married so don't need to send proof of living together. You do need to send proof of your relationship though, including pictures, emails, proof of visits to him. Anything.
The baby will be Canadian and Uruguayan whether its born in Canada or Uruguay. Canadian through the father, Uruguayan through you. If the baby is born in Uruguay you will have to apply for its proof of citizenship before it can go to canada with you.
Submit the application as soon as you can, you don't need to wait until you're in Canada. (Unless you're planning on submitting an inland application. Then you must be in Canada and cannot leave until processing is complete).

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Since you are married, you do not have to live together for a year to get the PR visa. However, any proof that you do or have lived together, for however long, should be included in the application as part of your proof the relationship is genuine.

Beth0386

Apr 1, 2011
pinklady said:
Some people apply as common law and they have to provide proof they have lived together continuously for one year, in order to qualify as common law. You are married so don't need to send proof of living together. You do need to send proof of your relationship though, including pictures, emails, proof of visits to him. Anything.
The baby will be Canadian and Uruguayan whether its born in Canada or Uruguay. Canadian through the father, Uruguayan through you. If the baby is born in Uruguay you will have to apply for its proof of citizenship before it can go to canada with you.
Submit the application as soon as you can, you don't need to wait until you're in Canada. (Unless you're planning on submitting an inland application. Then you must be in Canada and cannot leave until processing is complete).
how do u apply for proof of citizenship if wasnt born un canada?

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Beth0386 said:
how do u apply for proof of citizenship if wasnt born un canada?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/certif.asp