+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Helpp!!! Study permit extension

nibsms

Jun 11, 2018
Did anyone receive their study permit extension approved yet who applied in May 2018?
Nope, not yet. I have applied on May 17, 2018, and I'm still waiting on the extension. My employment is currently on hold because of this.

valu_milu

Oct 31, 2016
Hi! Me neither. I applied May 20, 2018 and just check the processing times for my country and there it says that they are processing applications they received May 28!!! Did any of you contact CIC about thi? If so, how did you do it? Phone, website? Thanks!

mmclub

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
Hi! Me neither. I applied May 20, 2018 and just check the processing times for my country and there it says that they are processing applications they received May 28!!! Did any of you contact CIC about thi? If so, how did you do it? Phone, website? Thanks!
How did you learn of the date of application for the currently processed files?

nibsms

Jun 11, 2018
Received my approval on July 6. The CIC office made a couple of mistakes on my file:
1. They asked me for a medical exam even though I was already in Canada and I did not visit any other country for more than 6 months. I took the medical exam at the end of June.
2. They sent me a conditional study permit on June 26, which was contingent on me taking the medical exam, BUT they had not sent my coop work permit extension which I had applied for with the study permit extension.

I called CIC at 1 888 242 2100 on July 6, and the agent I spoke to was very cooperative and the nicest immigration officer I have ever encountered. When I mentioned my situation to him, he filed a request for investigation on my file to see what was going on.

Later that evening, I received a message on my CIC account, which stated that I did NOT require the medical exam, and that the issued conditional study permit was cancelled. Instead, a new study permit and coop permit were issued. So I had spent a couple of hundred dollars for a medical exam that is completely useless at this point. I suggest you make sure that you need the medical exam, if you think there is no reason you should get one under the reasons listed on their website.

I am assuming, because of the immense number of applications, the officers are becoming overworked, and they become autonomous to a lot of these application processing tasks, so they may overlook important details. Good luck to all!

valu_milu

Oct 31, 2016
Received my approval on July 6. The CIC office made a couple of mistakes on my file:
1. They asked me for a medical exam even though I was already in Canada and I did not visit any other country for more than 6 months. I took the medical exam at the end of June.
2. They sent me a conditional study permit on June 26, which was contingent on me taking the medical exam, BUT they had not sent my coop work permit extension which I had applied for with the study permit extension.

I called CIC at 1 888 242 2100 on July 6, and the agent I spoke to was very cooperative and the nicest immigration officer I have ever encountered. When I mentioned my situation to him, he filed a request for investigation on my file to see what was going on.

Later that evening, I received a message on my CIC account, which stated that I did NOT require the medical exam, and that the issued conditional study permit was cancelled. Instead, a new study permit and coop permit were issued. So I had spent a couple of hundred dollars for a medical exam that is completely useless at this point. I suggest you make sure that you need the medical exam, if you think there is no reason you should get one under the reasons listed on their website.

I am assuming, because of the immense number of applications, the officers are becoming overworked, and they become autonomous to a lot of these application processing tasks, so they may overlook important details. Good luck to all!

Thanks for sharing. In my case I was not asked for the passport to seal, not even sent a letter about that. So, you are telling us that the above phone number is answered by an officer? And it is not a recorded message as to the same things in the website? I need to speak to someone as to this passport issue
Thanks!

zaka.engr

Sep 27, 2017

Dear Yesterday, i had received an admission offer for Post graduate Course from Fanshawe College.
On College Website Program is covering 1 year however admssion letter is stating 8 months only.

I have one Question required your attention.

1- Is there any work permit would be provided by the Government of Canada at the completion of my program so that i can find my Job related to my profession.

valu_milu

Oct 31, 2016
Dear Yesterday, i had received an admission offer for Post graduate Course from Fanshawe College.
On College Website Program is covering 1 year however admssion letter is stating 8 months only.

I have one Question required your attention.

1- Is there any work permit would be provided by the Government of Canada at the completion of my program so that i can find my Job related to my profession.

Hi, wait for a reply of a more experienced one, but you are supposed to ask for the Postgraduate Work Permit, if I'm not mistaken

Krishna13

May 19, 2018
Hi..

I need your precious suggestions... I have a situation which I would like to discuss with you... If anyone has recently completed 1yr studies in canada... and again wants to get himself enrolled for another 1 year program... it means 1 + 1 yr program... just because to obtain 3 years PGWP...

My current study permit expires in december 2018 and plans on attending a different school in Manitoba (still a DLI) however it will be for a January 2019 Intake.

So now the query is..

1. Should I apply for study permit extension even though it starts in January Or I will need a new study permit..???? And what is the success rate.. that officer would again issue Or allow us for a study permit extension?

2. How easy to obtain study permit extension if applying within Canada?

3. More importantly, do we again need to show the proof of funds.. It is reflecting as one of the options which is mandatory to show while trying to apply online on CIC's website... For example, if another one year program cost us $15,000 then do we again have to show money in my bank account ... like In the same manner.. I showed them when I first applied from my home country .??
And suppose.. if I am not having enough balance in my back account then I would not be issued an extension...? funds available, i am quite not sure what to put, as my bank statements show a total balance of $500 and i already paid ONLY 1 semester fees, I dont want the cic thinnking i cannot sustain myself as my available balance is low.

4.Is getting an extension approved easier than when you apply for the first time ? As in are they less likely to refuse (as long as you have all the documentation of course) ?

Please note : (Previous study permit not expired)

I am sure you could assist ...it would be a great help...
Thanks in advance... :)

Reactions: 1299MehtabSingh

1299MehtabSingh

Nov 29, 2018
Punjab
LANDED..........
04-09-2019
Hi..

I need your precious suggestions... I have a situation which I would like to discuss with you... If anyone has recently completed 1yr studies in canada... and again wants to get himself enrolled for another 1 year program... it means 1 + 1 yr program... just because to obtain 3 years PGWP...

My current study permit expires in december 2018 and plans on attending a different school in Manitoba (still a DLI) however it will be for a January 2019 Intake.

So now the query is..

1. Should I apply for study permit extension even though it starts in January Or I will need a new study permit..???? And what is the success rate.. that officer would again issue Or allow us for a study permit extension?

2. How easy to obtain study permit extension if applying within Canada?

3. More importantly, do we again need to show the proof of funds.. It is reflecting as one of the options which is mandatory to show while trying to apply online on CIC's website... For example, if another one year program cost us $15,000 then do we again have to show money in my bank account ... like In the same manner.. I showed them when I first applied from my home country .??
And suppose.. if I am not having enough balance in my back account then I would not be issued an extension...? funds available, i am quite not sure what to put, as my bank statements show a total balance of $500 and i already paid ONLY 1 semester fees, I dont want the cic thinnking i cannot sustain myself as my available balance is low.

4.Is getting an extension approved easier than when you apply for the first time ? As in are they less likely to refuse (as long as you have all the documentation of course) ?

Please note : (Previous study permit not expired)

I am sure you could assist ...it would be a great help...
Thanks in advance... :)
Did you get answers? If yes, then please tell me. It will be so nice of you.