+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Helped Required: Economic classes schedule 3, 12.a and 12.b

BRQ

May 25, 2014
Hi,

I have a confusion on filling Economic classes schedule 3.. 12.a and 12.b..... Actually my experience falls under 1123 - Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations.

I have worked as sales promotion coordinator and i want CIC to consider this as my experience.

Now in 12.B i will put as sales promotion coordinator (which is same professional occupation in marketing). Now in 12 a what i can put? Can i put as sales promotion coordinator and put the NOC code 1123 or just put as professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations.and NOC code 1123. Please advice.

Thanks in advance....

BRQ

May 25, 2014
BRQ said:
Hi,

I have a confusion on filling Economic classes schedule 3.. 12.a and 12.b..... Actually my experience falls under 1123 - Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations.

I have worked as sales promotion coordinator and i want CIC to consider this as my experience.

Now in 12.B i will put as sales promotion coordinator (which is same professional occupation in marketing). Now in 12 a what i can put? Can i put as sales promotion coordinator and put the NOC code 1123 or just put as professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations.and NOC code 1123. Please advice.

Thanks in advance....
Response Awaited..

ESZB

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2013
IELTS Request
Granted (8.0)
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Yep!
LANDED..........
Hello BRQ :)

For 12a. you need to put the exact name of the NOC under which you want to apply. i.e. "Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations". This name of NOC is a bit odd so in my humble opinion perhaps "Professional in advertising, marketing and public relations" or "Advertising, marketing and public relations professional" will also do. You may write it with a pen since there isnt enough space to type it in full.

For 12b. Under occupation, you need to write your designations exactly as written on your corresponding reference letters.

Best of luck
ESZB

waxweasel

Star Member
Jul 29, 2011
Why would they want you to put the full name of the NOC Group? They know what the name of the group is...

I'm pretty sure 12a) - occupation is referring to your exact job title (ie advertising consultant) , out of all the titles they list for that NOC group.

why would they want you to type out the name of the NOC Code. They know what the full name for that code is.

BRQ

May 25, 2014
waxweasel said:
Why would they want you to put the full name of the NOC Group? They know what the name of the group is...

I'm pretty sure 12a) - occupation is referring to your exact job title (ie advertising consultant) , out of all the titles they list for that NOC group.

why would they want you to type out the name of the NOC Code. They know what the full name for that code is.
Thanks Waxweasel however now I am totally confused. Can any senior please comment?

waxweasel

Star Member
Jul 29, 2011
Private message user 'PMM' for clarity.

my answer is based only on common sense.

The NOC group already has a title. If you are putting the code in, then they know what the title is. But the NOC could include hundreds of different occupation titles within it, and they are asking you which one it is.

think about! why on earth would they ask for the name of the group, when you are putting down the code already. common sense. You think CIC don't already know the name of every NOC code?!

ESZB

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2013
IELTS Request
Granted (8.0)
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Yep!
LANDED..........
waxweasel said:
Private message user 'PMM' for clarity.

my answer is based only on common sense.

The NOC group already has a title. If you are putting the code in, then they know what the title is. But the NOC could include hundreds of different occupation titles within it, and they are asking you which one it is.

think about! why on earth would they ask for the name of the group, when you are putting down the code already. common sense. You think CIC don't already know the name of every NOC code?!
Hello waxweasel,

Well what you are trying to say was already discussed in detail last year, during our application process. Yes they know what is the name of the NOC. True. BRQ wants his occupation as "sales promotion coordinator" to be considered. How are you suggesting him to put "advertising consultant" as answer to 12a.??

Allow me to refer you to the Application Guide 7000. For 12a. it goes:

"a) Identify the primary occupation and corresponding four-digit NOC 2011 code that will be used to assess whether your application meets the minimum program requirements. Choose one occupation from the list you provide in your answer to 12b)."

Now please interpret it for us.

Regards
ESZB

waxweasel

Star Member
Jul 29, 2011
In 12b, you list all your occupations from the last 10 years (ie. your actual job titles). Professional/s in marketing,advertising,pr is not a job title. Or even an occupation. It is a group classification name.

You list all your actual occupations by title in 12b, then pick the one you want to be your primary one and list in 12a.

for example: sales promotion coordinator.

If this occupation is not listed in the noc (AND the main duties don't match your duties in the position), then it probably is not the right NOC.

ESZB

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2013
IELTS Request
Granted (8.0)
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Yep!
LANDED..........
waxweasel said:
In 12b, you list all your occupations from the last 10 years (ie. your actual job titles). Professional/s in marketing,advertising,pr is not a job title. Or even an occupation. It is a group classification name.

You list all your actual occupations by title in 12b, then pick the one you want to be your primary one and list in 12a.

for example: sales promotion coordinator.

If this occupation is not listed in the noc (AND the main duties don't match your duties in the position), then it probably is not the right NOC.
Dear waxweasel,

what if the job duties match and the job title is not there in example titles on HRSDC website? What do you suggest for that? These are the questions which were asked sever times last year.