+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help with WES mistake in ECA report

rodtakular

May 8, 2013
Hello to all. I'm looking to advise about what to do regarding the ECA report that I sent with my application. WES did a mistake in their report, stating incorrectly that my degree was awarded by another university of my country. Being in a rush to ship my application asap to CIC, I had no choice but to send the ECA report as it was, but I attached a letter in my application explaining to CIC the mistake WES did regarding the institution that awarded my degree and that I have been trying to contact WES asking them to correct the reports.

Of course, I contacted WES about their mistake immediately, but they never responded until last Thursday when without previous notice, they sent me the 2 corrected ECA reports.

I don't know whether or not the report that I sent with my application is now invalid, or if they will reject my application because my report states a different university than my degree and other academic documentation.

Now I don't know what to do. Should I notice CIC that WES corrected the report and send them the new ECA report to them? should I do nothing, expecting that they will understand that it was a simple mistake that doesn't decrease my degree equivalence?

Please, helpful advise with be highly appreciated

gogabutt

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
I think you should be fine. CIC can also access your EAC report online if they want to verify the university information.

rodtakular

May 8, 2013
I wonder if the old one and the new one are totally different reports, and old one is now not accessible(invalidating my application), or if the new corrected report is what they will see if they check online the report I sent them?
Anyone knows how CIC can access the report online? (using ref number, etc)

reddevil7281

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
1112 <br>ECA Docs Filed: 30-04-2013 <br>Docs Reached.: 03-05-2013 <br>ECA Complete.: 03-05-2013 <br>ECA Received..: 06-05-2013 <br>App. Sent.......: 07-05-2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with App <br><br>App Returned: 22.07.2013 (NOC mismatch)
rodtakular said:
I wonder if the old one and the new one are totally different reports, and old one is now not accessible(invalidating my application), or if the new corrected report is what they will see if they check online the report I sent them?
If I was you, I'd send in the correct report to CIO and mark clearly on the envelope that this is in supplement to my original application. Include a covering letter inside, on top of the correct WES report. On the letter, I'd say my name, date of birth and the day they received my original application so there is no confusion and/or chance of misplacing my correct report.

The only doubt I'd have is that, would they have already opened my original application and is sending the new report useless?

rodtakular

May 8, 2013
Thanks you to both.

I wonder....because I sent them an "incorrect" report and WES has now corrected it, do you think there is a possibility that they will invalidate my application if I send them now my corrected ECA report?? (I fear they might take it as if my application wasn't sent with a "valid" ECA report, and I'm sending the valid report until now)

ify-canada

Jul 7, 2011
rodtakular said:
Thanks you to both.

I wonder....because I sent them an "incorrect" report and WES has now corrected it, do you think there is a possibility that they will invalidate my application if I send them now my corrected ECA report?? (I fear they might take it as if my application wasn't sent with a "valid" ECA report, and I'm sending the valid report until now)
My honest openion is that you send the corrected report to CIC as you have already notified them previously when you were sending your application. Not sending it might result to your application being returned.

My own openion.

Diu

May 4, 2013
rodtakular said:
You can log into WES status check and click "view report", it only shows the new report and says "this is a revised report, original report generated on XX date". I think what VO will see online is the same thing as u can see. How about u call CIC and ask for suggestion? What are u going to do?

Diu

May 4, 2013
rodtakular said:
Thanks you to both.

If u send new report to CIC, they may not match your application kit due to the high volume packages without FN and maybe considered the original application was invalid or cause delayed. As long as the WES # are the same, VO can access online to see the new report, and your report was true at that time u applied. It depends on how VO consider the process. It's better to call CIC to get more accurate info. My opinion.

rodtakular

May 8, 2013
I appreciate your answers.

Diu said:
You can log into WES status check and click "view report", it only shows the new report and says "this is a revised report, original report generated on XX date". I think what VO will see online is the same thing as u can see. How about u call CIC and ask for suggestion? What are u going to do?
The reference number is the same in the old and the new reports. The only differences between the reports are the institution that awarded my degree and the date they were generated.

The new reports don't mention anything about being a revised version, nor they mention when the original reports were generated. I think that if CIC checks online by reference number, they won't find any record of the old report(the one that I sent with my application).

Diu said:
If u send new report to CIC, they may not match your application kit due to the high volume packages without FN and maybe considered the original application was invalid or cause delayed. As long as the WES # are the same, VO can access online to see the new report, and your report was true at that time u applied. It depends on how VO consider the process. It's better to call CIC to get more accurate info. My opinion.
That's what worries me. My new report might get lost or they will invalidate my application if they think that I "tried to cheat the system" by sending my application earlier without a "correct" report. The new reports show a generated date that is later than the date that they received my application.

I see some outcomes:
Sending the new report might save my application if they receive it on time.

If I don't send it they still might invalidate my application :( . Or they might acknowledge that WES was 100% responsible for the mistake, and find when they check the online report, that WES corrected the report and confirm what I wrote to them in the letter.

Several possibilities. I still don't know what to do :-\

rur0uni

Apr 18, 2013
rodtakular said:
Hello to all. I'm looking to advise about what to do regarding the ECA report that I sent with my application. WES did a mistake in their report, stating incorrectly that my degree was awarded by another university of my country. Being in a rush to ship my application asap to CIC, I had no choice but to send the ECA report as it was, but I attached a letter in my application explaining to CIC the mistake WES did regarding the institution that awarded my degree and that I have been trying to contact WES asking them to correct the reports.

Of course, I contacted WES about their mistake immediately, but they never responded until last Thursday when without previous notice, they sent me the 2 corrected ECA reports.

I don't know whether or not the report that I sent with my application is now invalid, or if they will reject my application because my report states a different university than my degree and other academic documentation.

Now I don't know what to do. Should I notice CIC that WES corrected the report and send them the new ECA report to them? should I do nothing, expecting that they will understand that it was a simple mistake that doesn't decrease my degree equivalence?

JUST IRRELEVANT HERE. cAN u please tell me how can i download the GENERIC APPLICATION FORM {IMM 0008} it always gives me error like update your adobe reader. i have updated version ? where can i find that form can u plz send me via email if u have one in this email address
alihasani.ceh @gmail.com {plz there is no gap b/t ceh and @}
appreciated

Diu

May 4, 2013
rodtakular said:
I appreciate your answers.

The reference number is the same in the old and the new reports. The only differences between the reports are the institution that awarded my degree and the date they were generated.

The new reports don't mention anything about being a revised version, nor they mention when the original reports were generated. I think that if CIC checks online by reference number, they won't find any record of the old report(the one that I sent with my application).

That's what worries me. My new report might get lost or they will invalidate my application if they think that I "tried to cheat the system" by sending my application earlier without a "correct" report. The new reports show a generated date that is later than the date that they received my application.

I see some outcomes:
Sending the new report might save my application if they receive it on time.

If I don't send it they still might invalidate my application :( . Or they might acknowledge that WES was 100% responsible for the mistake, and find when they check the online report, that WES corrected the report and confirm what I wrote to them in the letter.

Several possibilities. I still don't know what to do :-\
My report was revised too. When I login WES, under the "Canadian equivalency summary", it says "revised evaluation report (original completed on XXX). I have not received the new paper report yet, it may not say "revised report". Anyway, they can access to your online docs. Are you going to call CIC for suggestion?

rodtakular

May 8, 2013
Diu said:
My report was revised too. When I login WES, under the "Canadian equivalency summary", it says "revised evaluation report (original completed on XXX). I have not received the new paper report yet, it may not say "revised report". Anyway, they can access to your online docs. Are you going to call CIC for suggestion?
Did you send your application already with the "incorrect" report??
My report doesn't say anything about being revised. However, the degree equivalence was correct in my "incorrect" report.
I was under the impression that CIC can only be contacted within Canada... How can I contact CIC outside Canada?

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
rodtakular said:

Considering that at this point CIC only cares that your degree is equivalent to a Canadian degree, I really doubt that CIC cares what university you went to. I doubt that this is that big of an issue, especially considering that the "wrong" WES reports also states that your degree is Canadian equivalent.

I don't understand this statement below, of course you knew that the WES report you sent with your CIC application was invalid....wasn't that why you were trying to contact WES to have the report corrected?

...I don't know whether or not the report that I sent with my application is now invalid...

Like others have suggested, send a note to CIC with the correct report indicating the mistake (made by WES) and correction.

Diu

May 4, 2013
rodtakular said:
Did you send your application already with the "incorrect" report??
My report doesn't say anything about being revised. However, the degree equivalence was correct in my "incorrect" report.
I was under the impression that CIC can only be contacted within Canada... How can I contact CIC outside Canada?
I sent the application to CIC. My old report was not a big mistake and also equivalent to the right level. CIC said only for application process inside Canada.