+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help with Permanent Residency (Quebec Resident)

gautham2909

Dec 23, 2021
Hello everyone.

I would appreciate help from this forum with regards to my situation.

I am IT professional on a closed work permit , and I am based in Montreal. I have been in Canada for over two years now. Recently, my employer reached out to me and informed me that they shall not provide validated job offer. As a result, I cannot process my PR in the standard way. I am aware of a pilot program introduced by the Govt. of Quebec for IT professionals. Could someone please throw some light on this approach. I have read sites, but the information is a bit confusing.

Can someone help me understand whether there is any other program I can look into in order to process my PR application?

Thanks in advance.

CTB

Star Member
Apr 26, 2023
Hello everyone.

I would appreciate help from this forum with regards to my situation.

I am IT professional on a closed work permit , and I am based in Montreal. I have been in Canada for over two years now. Recently, my employer reached out to me and informed me that they shall not provide validated job offer. As a result, I cannot process my PR in the standard way. I am aware of a pilot program introduced by the Govt. of Quebec for IT professionals. Could someone please throw some light on this approach. I have read sites, but the information is a bit confusing.

Can someone help me understand whether there is any other program I can look into in order to process my PR application?

Thanks in advance.
If you reside in Quebec and work in IT, depending on your salary and experience you can and should apply via the pilot IT program to get your CSQ..

https://www.quebec.ca/en/immigration/immigration-programs/artificial-intelligence/selection-conditions

Last edited:

gautham2909

Dec 23, 2021
i checked the pilot program, and it says its takes only 150 application per year and that quota is already filled on feb 16. should i wait one more year?

and even i do, 150 is a very small number to get next year as well