+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help with my SOP

ayylmao

Aug 6, 2017
So, I recently applied to York University and got accepted, and now I'll apply for a Study Permit, obviously. I'm writing a Statement of Purpose of sorts and I need you guys to take a look and help me out on mistakes or stuff. Is the formatting I'm using fine? Thanks.

To Whom It May Concern,

INTRODUCTION
My name is xxxxx, I currently reside in xxxx, xxxxxxx. I have recently completed my secondary studies successfully and have obtained 88.17% in Grade 12. I have obtained an IELTS certificate prior to this with a band score of 7, and proceeded to apply to York University, majoring in Honors Computer Science (iBsc) program.

WHY CANADA
Canada is an exceptional country to study at, providing high quality education at a reasonable price compared to its counterparts, the United States and the United Kingdom. The Canadian education system is known for its high standards and is globally recognized among employers. Canada is the most well-received country in the world, according to World Atlas (http://www.worldatlas.com/articles/best-countries-in-the-world.html). Additionally, Canada ranks 5th in higher education rankings, according to Top Universities (https://www.topuniversities.com/system-strength-rankings/2016). Canada also has reputation of being a peaceful, politically stable and safe country. Canada ranked 80th in Crime Level statistics, according to NationMaster (http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Crime/Crime-levels), which is lower than Sweden, New Zealand, Australia, France, Russia, and the United States. Canada’s International Education Strategy recently announced its goal to double the number of full-time international students to 450,000. Ultimately, I have deemed Canada a very suitable place for me study with the aforementioned factors above present.
WHY YORK UNIVERSITY

After comprehensive research and inquiry, I have deemed York University to be the best candidate in the list of options available to me. York University provides excellent facilities and opportunities which is ideal for me in pursuing my specialization. York is the third largest university in Canada, and is highly complimented for being very diverse, having two campuses, Glendon and Keele, aimed at French or English students. York has 6,200+ international students from 178 countries, and houses a total of 46,400 undergraduates. Experiental education is a high priority at York. York University ranks as the 451-460th university in the world, surpassing the likes of Concordia, Saskatchewan, Guelph, Ryerson, etc. York has partnerships with 200+ universities across the globe and a $1 billion CAD operating budget. 94% of York instructors have the highest educational qualification in their field. Apart from this, York’s Honours Computer Science program is accredited by the Computer Science Accreditation Council (CSAC), an autonomous body established by the Canadian Information Processing Society (CIPS). York’s Computer Science programs were accredited back in 1996 and still are accredited to this day.

WHY COMPUTER SCIENCE

When I concluded my research for a major that would provide the best employment prospects after graduation in my country of residence, along with high pay, high demand for new applicants, and a generally challenging, non-trivial task with which I feel comfortable, Computer Science was the one I carefully picked out of the options I had. Computer Science is a field that is in incredible demand, such that a very small fraction of job postings are fulfilled every year. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that Computer Science jobs are on the rise, with projected growth of 12% between 2014 and 2024. Computer Science professionals have a wide variety of employers to choose from, including, but not limited to: software publishers, insurance carriers, computer system design, etc. A person holding a Bachelor in Computer Science is eligible for 9.6 times more jobs than people without a Computer Science degree.

WHY NOT STUDY IN SAUDI ARABIA?

Pursuing higher education in Saudi Arabia is not the wisest decision considering other options such as Canada for studying Computer Science or any other degree related to computing exist and are at reach. Saudi Arabia’s government sent 165,908 students via a scholarship program aimed at Saudi candidates abroad to countries such as Canada, United States, United Kingdom, etc. for studying between 2012-2013. Generally, Saudis prefer to study abroad because of the higher quality education and the plentiful employment prospects they encounter when they return to their country because they hold a Canadian or American degree, for example. These candidates are more likely to encounter high-pay jobs when they arrive.

FUTURE PLANS

After concluding my studies in Canada, I will travel back to Saudi Arabia to find a job that utilizes the plentiful of expertise I earned to support the education of my brothers and support my parents. I can join Comm-IT, Ertekaz, SIT, Tamweil, IconTech, which are the top technology organizations in Saudi Arabia, or STC, Mobily, Zain, etc, which are the top telecommunication organizations in Saudi Arabia, after gaining a Canadian degree. There is a current shortage of workers in the IT industry in Saudi Arabia and the world, and it is expected to stay that way. This will provide me with incredible employment opportunities and I will surely be a very high-quality candidate due to the even higher quality Canadian education. Additionally, I have a big advantage over other candidates holding a Saudi Arabian degree, for example, because of the very high reputation of Canadian degree holders to employers in Saudi Arabia, which will increase my likelihood of finding a job fast to support my parents and brothers.

rishabhdev

Jul 25, 2017
So, I recently applied to York University and got accepted, and now I'll apply for a Study Permit, obviously. I'm writing a Statement of Purpose of sorts and I need you guys to take a look and help me out on mistakes or stuff. Is the formatting I'm using fine? Thanks.

To Whom It May Concern,

INTRODUCTION
My name is xxxxx, I currently reside in xxxx, xxxxxxx. I have recently completed my secondary studies successfully and have obtained 88.17% in Grade 12. I have obtained an IELTS certificate prior to this with a band score of 7, and proceeded to apply to York University, majoring in Honors Computer Science (iBsc) program.

WHY CANADA
Canada is an exceptional country to study at, providing high quality education at a reasonable price compared to its counterparts, the United States and the United Kingdom. The Canadian education system is known for its high standards and is globally recognized among employers. Canada is the most well-received country in the world, according to World Atlas (http://www.worldatlas.com/articles/best-countries-in-the-world.html). Additionally, Canada ranks 5th in higher education rankings, according to Top Universities (https://www.topuniversities.com/system-strength-rankings/2016). Canada also has reputation of being a peaceful, politically stable and safe country. Canada ranked 80th in Crime Level statistics, according to NationMaster (http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Crime/Crime-levels), which is lower than Sweden, New Zealand, Australia, France, Russia, and the United States. Canada’s International Education Strategy recently announced its goal to double the number of full-time international students to 450,000. Ultimately, I have deemed Canada a very suitable place for me study with the aforementioned factors above present.
WHY YORK UNIVERSITY

After comprehensive research and inquiry, I have deemed York University to be the best candidate in the list of options available to me. York University provides excellent facilities and opportunities which is ideal for me in pursuing my specialization. York is the third largest university in Canada, and is highly complimented for being very diverse, having two campuses, Glendon and Keele, aimed at French or English students. York has 6,200+ international students from 178 countries, and houses a total of 46,400 undergraduates. Experiental education is a high priority at York. York University ranks as the 451-460th university in the world, surpassing the likes of Concordia, Saskatchewan, Guelph, Ryerson, etc. York has partnerships with 200+ universities across the globe and a $1 billion CAD operating budget. 94% of York instructors have the highest educational qualification in their field. Apart from this, York’s Honours Computer Science program is accredited by the Computer Science Accreditation Council (CSAC), an autonomous body established by the Canadian Information Processing Society (CIPS). York’s Computer Science programs were accredited back in 1996 and still are accredited to this day.

WHY COMPUTER SCIENCE

When I concluded my research for a major that would provide the best employment prospects after graduation in my country of residence, along with high pay, high demand for new applicants, and a generally challenging, non-trivial task with which I feel comfortable, Computer Science was the one I carefully picked out of the options I had. Computer Science is a field that is in incredible demand, such that a very small fraction of job postings are fulfilled every year. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that Computer Science jobs are on the rise, with projected growth of 12% between 2014 and 2024. Computer Science professionals have a wide variety of employers to choose from, including, but not limited to: software publishers, insurance carriers, computer system design, etc. A person holding a Bachelor in Computer Science is eligible for 9.6 times more jobs than people without a Computer Science degree.

WHY NOT STUDY IN SAUDI ARABIA?

Pursuing higher education in Saudi Arabia is not the wisest decision considering other options such as Canada for studying Computer Science or any other degree related to computing exist and are at reach. Saudi Arabia’s government sent 165,908 students via a scholarship program aimed at Saudi candidates abroad to countries such as Canada, United States, United Kingdom, etc. for studying between 2012-2013. Generally, Saudis prefer to study abroad because of the higher quality education and the plentiful employment prospects they encounter when they return to their country because they hold a Canadian or American degree, for example. These candidates are more likely to encounter high-pay jobs when they arrive.

FUTURE PLANS

After concluding my studies in Canada, I will travel back to Saudi Arabia to find a job that utilizes the plentiful of expertise I earned to support the education of my brothers and support my parents. I can join Comm-IT, Ertekaz, SIT, Tamweil, IconTech, which are the top technology organizations in Saudi Arabia, or STC, Mobily, Zain, etc, which are the top telecommunication organizations in Saudi Arabia, after gaining a Canadian degree. There is a current shortage of workers in the IT industry in Saudi Arabia and the world, and it is expected to stay that way. This will provide me with incredible employment opportunities and I will surely be a very high-quality candidate due to the even higher quality Canadian education. Additionally, I have a big advantage over other candidates holding a Saudi Arabian degree, for example, because of the very high reputation of Canadian degree holders to employers in Saudi Arabia, which will increase my likelihood of finding a job fast to support my parents and brothers.
Hi, You got the approval? What other documents you provided?