+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help with Checklist - spouse is a NZ citizen living in Australia supporting documents

Lsmith21

Apr 13, 2020
Hi all,

This page has been so helpful so just a question for anyone who might know as I cannot find it anywhere.

On the Checklist, immi 5533, for supporting documents it states 'if you reside in a country different from your nationality, include a copy of your visa or residency permit for that country'

Australia grants NZ citizens a special category visa that lets them live and work and it's attached to their passport. They aren't given an official visa form or permit or number. What should I do in this case?

Many thanks ,

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi all,

This page has been so helpful so just a question for anyone who might know as I cannot find it anywhere.

On the Checklist, immi 5533, for supporting documents it states 'if you reside in a country different from your nationality, include a copy of your visa or residency permit for that country'

Australia grants NZ citizens a special category visa that lets them live and work and it's attached to their passport. They aren't given an official visa form or permit or number. What should I do in this case?

Many thanks ,

1. Copy of the attachment in the passport.

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
I would write a letter of explanation and add that. (Possibly include a screen shot of the special Visa category for Australia from the NZ government website as part of it) Plus your partner (Or you, whichever the PA is) will have all their supporting documents indicating they work/live in Australia. They’ll need an Australian Police certificate as well.

Not sure what else you could do but that’s the advice my New Zealand husband just gave me when I asked!

DollyM

Jul 6, 2016
Middle of Nowhere, Perth, Western Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-2016