+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help with Bridging open work permit (BOWP)

karthik506

Apr 5, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
4011 & 4012
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-05-2017
AOR Received.
07-05-2017
Hello All,
My wife open work permit is going to expire this month end and going to apply BOWP. However, I dont know how to do that? Should I submit work permit application and select open work permit in the type of work permit and then submit the application along with AOR in Letter of explanation. Or, is there any other application available to apply BOWP? Please help me. Thanks.

Saskatchewan_Regina

Mar 3, 2016
Looks like we are in the same boat.
The difference is: work permits for me and my wife had expired.
I applied for BOWP first with AOR in LOE. Then just before my wife's work permit expired, we submitted BOWP application for her with AOR for EE and AOR for my BOWP application in LOE.
According to CIC, only the primary applicant for EE is eligible for BOWP. However, my wife's BOWP application went to "on hold" a few days ago. So I think CIC will approve my wife's application when my application gets approved.

pak25300

Aug 4, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
10-05-2017
Med's Done....
21-07-2017
Passport Req..
13-10-2017
Hello All,
My wife open work permit is going to expire this month end and going to apply BOWP. However, I dont know how to do that? Should I submit work permit application and select open work permit in the type of work permit and then submit the application along with AOR in Letter of explanation. Or, is there any other application available to apply BOWP? Please help me. Thanks.
Is your wife the principal applicant? Only PA can apply BOWP. Your spouse will have to apply spouse open work permit, except PNP.
For SOWP, you need to show that you are skilled worker (NOC 0,A,B).
You need to include three recent paystubs and letter of employment from your work place, and AOR.

Yes, select Open Work Permit on the application.

Reference:
1. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp
2. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/opinion/policy.asp

Good luck.