+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help: What should I expect after my credit card being charged?

liherb

Star Member
Jan 18, 2010
I've sent my application package to CIO with my credit card information, and I checked yesterday that a $550 fee has been just charged. However, I haven't heard anything from CIO yet. What should I expect next? Does this fee charge mean anything (positive or negative or purely neutral)? How long should I be waiting?
Any reply would be welcomed. Many thanks.

Thalia

Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 March 2011
AOR Received.
27 April 2011
File Transfer...
RBVO: 4 June 2011
Med's Request
11 June 2012
Med's Done....
26 June 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
7 September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
11 October 2012
LANDED..........
13 May 2013
The CC charge gives no per or ner. It just means that they put your application in process, you are one of the 1000 applications they are going to process under your NOC. If you look at the spreadsheet https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CLDXsFA&hl=ar&key=tlbJsa0NlV-nFVmQca8Apzg&rm=full&authkey=CLDXsFA#gid=0 you will see when you will be waiting for a PER. e.g. the most recent average for PER since they encashed your fees, is 27-35 days. So if you got charged yesterday then you will wait for your PER around the end of May.

good luck :)

liherb

Star Member
Jan 18, 2010
Thalia said:
The CC charge gives no per or ner. It just means that they put your application in process, you are one of the 1000 applications they are going to process under your NOC. If you look at the spreadsheet https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CLDXsFA&hl=ar&key=tlbJsa0NlV-nFVmQca8Apzg&rm=full&authkey=CLDXsFA#gid=0 you will see when you will be waiting for a PER. e.g. the most recent average for PER since they encashed your fees, is 27-35 days. So if you got charged yesterday then you will wait for your PER around the end of May.

good luck :)
Thanks Thalia. Is there going to be an AOR before PER after my credit card has been encashed? Or I won't hear anything from CIO until PER? Thanks.

Thalia

Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 March 2011
AOR Received.
27 April 2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
11 June 2012
Med's Done....
26 June 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
7 September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
11 October 2012
LANDED..........
13 May 2013
Well if I also understood correctly so far (I'm also new around this whole process) AOR you will receive from your VO after they will receive your app from Sydney. CIC won't give you one.
So the first thing you are waiting for is your PER through e-mail by CIC in about a month. No other contact till then.

liherb

Star Member
Jan 18, 2010
Thalia said:
Well if I also understood correctly so far (I'm also new around this whole process) AOR you will receive from your VO after they will receive your app from Sydney. CIC won't give you one.
So the first thing you are waiting for is your PER through e-mail by CIC in about a month. No other contact till then.
Thanks very much. One more question, is it very normal for a NER? Or it is relatively rare and not extremely strict?

makica

Dec 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2011
Doc's Request.
NER 08//07/2011
IELTS Request
sent with app.
Thalia said:
... e.g. the most recent average for PER since they encashed your fees, is 27-35 days...
I think it depends on the office to another office. For instance, in VO Vienna, it seems to me that are not so quick as those of New Delhi. Look at the int_tracker and you will see how quickly they working. I hope that I, and everyone else, get PER faster, as now seems to have a little speed up the process.

Thalia

Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 March 2011
AOR Received.
27 April 2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
11 June 2012
Med's Done....
26 June 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
7 September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
11 October 2012
LANDED..........
13 May 2013
Wish it was very rare, but no it can happen. This has to do with your application. They will calculate your eligibility points, work experience etc. If they find them all fine then you will get your PER. If you see on the spreadsheet under "Returned applications" you will see some of the most common reasons to get a rejection.