+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[HELP] Visitor Visa - Parents [INDIA]

ronitsharma

Star Member
Sep 4, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I am planning to apply for the visitor visa for my mom and sister back in India. I was thinking I will do it once I get my PR but it is taking too long to get that. Currently, I am on a PGWP and have been working for just over a year now.

Is it a good idea to apply for their visitor visa while I am on PGWP? Or should I wait for the PR? Should i apply on the new portal?

Things to note: Mom and Sister have home ties - Business (both have 1 each) and Property (Mom)

Also, what financial docs should be shown apart from bank statements, net worth certificate and bank certificate?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I am planning to apply for the visitor visa for my mom and sister back in India. I was thinking I will do it once I get my PR but it is taking too long to get that. Currently, I am on a PGWP and have been working for just over a year now.

Is it a good idea to apply for their visitor visa while I am on PGWP? Or should I wait for the PR? Should i apply on the new portal?

Things to note: Mom and Sister have home ties - Business (both have 1 each) and Property (Mom)

Also, what financial docs should be shown apart from bank statements, net worth certificate and bank certificate?

Let me know.

Thanks,
They can apply now as it is their profiles that are evaluated, not yours. If your sister is over 22 then she applies independantly. You can write a letter of invitation. They show their travel history, funds and ties to home country. They show banks statements or any liquid funds to support a visit.