+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help! Visit or cohabitation????

amcpons

Jun 2, 2014
On forms they ask have your partner visit you during the period of your relationship...and then they ask have you live together and dates of cohabitation.

I visited my partner 2 times for 10 days..those are visits.

Then I stayed with him for 3 months...got separated for 1 month...then back and 12 months together.
Our common law relationship started after the full 12 months together. Thats when we got proof like the joint lease, shared bank accounts, etc.

Now..do the 3 months we were together before that....are they consider a visit?? or are they period of cohabitation???
Can someone help me understand how to put it please?
Thank you so much!!!

Claudzilla

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
Airdrie, AB by way of Nashville, TN
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 26, 2014
AOR Received.
November 14, 2014
Med's Done....
September 9, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 29, 2014
My husband visited me in the states on multiple occasions, with his visits lasting from 1 to 3 weeks at a time. Oddly, the lawyer that we're using has said that it is considered cohabitation, since he was staying at my house.

amcpons

Jun 2, 2014
Ok im very confused...we dont really have a lease or what they consider proof of cohabitation for those 3 months...so i was considering it would be a visit and just wanted to make sure.

However i was living with him for those 3 months so now i dont know how to put it.

Thanks for your comment! im glad im asking, can anyone help please?? what should i do??

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
amcpons said:
Ok im very confused...we dont really have a lease or what they consider proof of cohabitation for those 3 months...so i was considering it would be a visit and just wanted to make sure.

However i was living with him for those 3 months so now i dont know how to put it.

Thanks for your comment! im glad im asking, can anyone help please?? what should i do??
add that three months as you did live with him....IMHO

amcpons

Jun 2, 2014
So it is cohabitation? I dont have to put it as visit and show proof of that visit? What is the difference?
Do i have to show proof of cohabitation for those months? or is it only what im adding as proof of relationship...
can anyone help me understand how this works please???