+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help urgent

romanoberoi

Jan 16, 2018
Hey i just want to ask like i am on a student visa and my husband is also on a student visa, so i want to sponsor him for his work permit as we a married a year ago but the thing is he has a criminal charge but somehow the charge is dropped, so can we still go for his work permit on behalf of my study peemit?

Thanks appreciated

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
Yes you can. As long as the charges are withdrawn and you do mention it in application, he should be fine. gather court records, police reports and a disposition letter from court confirming that the charges were dropped.

Reactions: bellaluna

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
Is there any negatives points for us like we got into a charge or it will be processed normally?
AS long as charges were withdrawn you are safe. It may need a little verification, they may ask you get RCMP report as well. That's why I had mentioned to gather all the supporting documents and attach it along with the application to make your case stronger. Good luck!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
A owp is not a guaranteed thing. You have the opportunity to apply and many are approved but some are not.