+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***HELP URGENT NOC CODE 1215 ***

jeon0359

Jul 10, 2014
good day,

my cec package is ready to go except for NOC CODE, i was sure that i am qualify under NOC 1215 because Freight forwarder logistician is on NOC 1215
however, a friend of mine says i can go for 1215 because i am not supervisor.
please someone who has applied under NOC 1215 help me out
below duties are on my employee reference letter

DUTIES

-Select shipment routes, based on nature of goods shipped, transit times, or security needs
-Coordinating with overseas to move goods (by road, rail, air or sea) in accordance with customer requirements
-schedule transportation crews and monitor the quality and cost efficiency of the movement of shipments
-Complete and review shipping documentation, such as including bills of lading, airway bill, packing lists, dock receipts, and certificates of origin.
-Verify adherence of documentation to customs, insurance, or regulatory requirements.
-Make arrangements with customs brokers to ensure that the goods and documents comply with customs regulations.
-acting as consultant in customs matters
-elaborate monthly company reports, such as profit and loss balances and newsletters

aneelkanth

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Toronto
I am in Logistics as well and i think thats the right NOC as some of the duties match. Wait for the seniors to reply as they would know better.

AnilGurung

Nov 9, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPO-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
30-1-2014
Med's Done....
05-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19/02/2014
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/2014
LANDED..........
1/03/2014
1215 Supervisors, supply chain, tracking and scheduling co-ordination occupations

You realize the "," right? .

So you are fine comparing what you have stated.

Good luck on your application.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
jeon0359 said:
Your friend makes a good point. The lead statement and job duties are what the VO will compare it to, and the lead statement says "Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups... " A VO will be looking for "supervise" in your job duties. And because there is an "unskilled" occupation that has duties similar to yours (NOC 1526), chances are pretty high that the VO will be skeptical that the right NOC is 1215 ...
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=1526

If you have a manager that you are comfortable with, I would show the two NOCs, explain how one qualifes and one does not, and then see if you can together revise your list of duties in a way that is more consistent with 1215...

aneelkanth

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Toronto
jes_ON said:
Your friend makes a good point. The lead statement and job duties are what the VO will compare it to, and the lead statement says "Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups... " A VO will be looking for "supervise" in your job duties. And because there is an "unskilled" occupation that has duties similar to yours (NOC 1526), chances are pretty high that the VO will be skeptical that the right NOC is 1215 ...
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=1526

If you have a manager that you are comfortable with, I would show the two NOCs, explain how one qualifes and one does not, and then see if you can together revise your list of duties in a way that is more consistent with 1215...
Very well explained bud. Thats exactly what he needs to do. I did notice in the forums that a lot of people went forward without revising their duties and thus confused the VO as many A & B skilled occupations have C skilled counterparts.

Lari007

Oct 30, 2015
Hi Jeon / DeepDeep,

How did your stories continue ..? Did you manage to apply under 1215? I'm in a similar situation; I don't feel I should be a NOC C however I'm not a supervisor either ...

Please let me know.

kynno

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
USA
NOC Code......
Hey guys,

Has this been brought up again because I am in a similar situation in regards to this NOC code? I'm not a supervisor but my job title is that of Freight Forwarder Logistician. The duties just seem to relate more to that of a supervisor than anything else.

I'd like to know how it turned out for you guys. Please advise.

Shahab_afshar

Dec 26, 2018
Hi everybody,

I'm a bit confused about selecting my job NOC. I'm working in a retail company and I'm head of logistics planning but I'm working under the supervision of Planning Manager. Which NOC should I select? 0731 or 1215?

bigas

Jul 19, 2017
Alberta Issued Invitation for 1215 with CRS of 400 couple of month back, anybody had luck??

bigas

Jul 19, 2017
Yes, i believe that in Feb or March this year for the ones who has the CRS score of 400, is 1215 is your primary NOC ??

SachinRK

Jul 19, 2019
Hello Guys, Im having the same trouble as jeon0359. The job that i am doing is kind of in the NOC 1523, but it is under category C, Even though i can see that NOC 1215 is of a similar role i could see the term 'supervisor' in its description. Can i use 1215 for the application? will it be an issue?

good day,

my cec package is ready to go except for NOC CODE, i was sure that i am qualify under NOC 1215 because Freight forwarder logistician is on NOC 1215
please someone who has applied under NOC 1215 help me out
below duties are on my employee reference letter

DUTIES

-Select shipment routes, based on nature of goods shipped, transit times, or security needs
-Coordinating with overseas to move goods (by road, rail, air or sea) in accordance with customer requirements
-schedule transportation crews and monitor the quality and cost efficiency of the movement of shipments
-Complete and review shipping documentation, such as including bills of lading, airway bill, packing lists, dock receipts, and certificates of origin.
-Verify adherence of documentation to customs, insurance, or regulatory requirements.
-Make arrangements with customs brokers to ensure that the goods and documents comply with customs regulations.
-acting as consultant in customs matters
-elaborate monthly company reports, such as profit and loss balances and newsletters