+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP!! Seniors Please Help - Immigration Lawyer or Para Legal

cec_21

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
Guys,

Do you know of any immigration lawyers or para legal? MY APPLICATION WAS REJECTED, and the reason they have stated is incorrect. Any help will be appreciated. I applied under CEC, not express entry.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
cec_21 said:
Do you know of any immigration lawyers or para legal? MY APPLICATION WAS REJECTED, and the reason they have stated is incorrect. Any help will be appreciated. I applied under CEC, not express entry.
CEC is now part of express entry. Do you mean, you applied before express entry was implemented? When did you apply?

If you believe the VO made an error and you can prove it, you can use the web form (CSE) to request a reconsideration. If the VO made an error, they will re-open the file (without the need for a lawyer). IF the VO did not make an error, your request will be denied.

If you'd like, you can explain why you think the VO made an error, people here can tell you if they agree or not.

cec_21

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
jes_ON said:
CEC is now part of express entry. Do you mean, you applied before express entry was implemented? When did you apply?

If you believe the VO made an error and you can prove it, you can use the web form (CSE) to request a reconsideration. If the VO made an error, they will re-open the file (without the need for a lawyer). IF the VO did not make an error, your request will be denied.

If you'd like, you can explain why you think the VO made an error, people here can tell you if they agree or not.
jes_ON

Thank you for your reply, I applied before EE was implemented. My file was received On Aug 21 of 2014, and yesterday after 25 months I got an email saying it was rejected. I will copy the reason and also explain why I think the VO made an error.

"I am not satisfied that you submitted a genuine letter of employment with your application pursuant to the Canada Experience Class. I base this opinion on the fact that the signatory of your letter of employment, XXX, was not employed as General Manager of the XXX on 07APR2014, the date on the letter. This calls into question the content of the letter of employment.

I have worked there for 2 years and when the letter was signed by XXX she was working but when my immigration consultant sent my file he mentioned the date on the letter where it explained my JD and they are saying that date is when she was not working. But, I have provided all the documents, all pay stubs, emails, awards, roe, t4, letters from current and previous employees that i legitimately worked.

I don't know what to do, and how to proceed forward.

Do you have a link to the web form? (CSE)

Thank you

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
cec_21 said:
"I am not satisfied that you submitted a genuine letter of employment with your application pursuant to the Canada Experience Class. I base this opinion on the fact that the signatory of your letter of employment, XXX, was not employed as General Manager of the XXX on 07APR2014, the date on the letter. This calls into question the content of the letter of employment.

I have worked there for 2 years and when the letter was signed by XXX she was working but when my immigration consultant sent my file he mentioned the date on the letter where it explained my JD and they are saying that date is when she was not working. But, I have provided all the documents, all pay stubs, emails, awards, roe, t4, letters from current and previous employees that i legitimately worked.
SIGH. Hurts my head and heart hearing stories like this, esp. after such a long wait.

So your Manager gave you a letter without a date; your consultant put a date on it, but the manager had left the company at the time. If this is true, you might need a lawyer to sue your immigration consultant, because he/she committed fraud. You are fortunate that you have not been accused of misrepresentation.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/representative/complaints.asp

The CORRECT process would have been to ask for a new letter with the date from your employer. All the other evidence does not erase the fraud. Further it is not clear that any of the other evidence you listed included the job duties/responsibilities.

I am sorry, I know it sounds like a small thing and that everything probably would have "worked out" if the manager had not left, but the fact is that your consultant improperly altered a document, IRCC was correct to refuse (whether it was your or your consultant's fault, doesn't matter).

As long as you are not accused of misrepresentation, and as long as you still qualify, you are free to apply again through express entry. And this will not take 2 years...

cec_21

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
I am in India and my consultant is in Canada, I am qualified through express entry but then again, if they did not accept this work experience then how will they accept it in Express entry? I shall speak to another consultant may be or if you could help. They did not accept the letter of Marketing Manager that I worked for 2 years at a Hotel, that's the only managerial experience I have other than 16 months 12 full time and 4 co-op at a bank as a financial representative. My total points are 486, including the 2 years Managerial experience which they did not accept because of my consultant misrepresentation.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
cec_21 said:
I am in India and my consultant is in Canada, I am qualified through express entry but then again, if they did not accept this work experience then how will they accept it in Express entry? I shall speak to another consultant may be or if you could help. They did not accept the letter of Marketing Manager that I worked for 2 years at a Hotel, that's the only managerial experience I have other than 16 months 12 full time and 4 co-op at a bank as a financial representative. My total points are 486, including the 2 years Managerial experience which they did not accept because of my consultant misrepresentation.
You misunderstand. It's not that experience itsef that is not "valid" but the documents you submitted were not valid. That means - get a new letter from the company, and make sure the letter has a date on the top when it is issued.

You can try again, if you correct the error with the first application. People do it all the time.

If you feel you need a consultant, make sure to find one who is certified with the ICCRC.
http://secure.iccrc-crcic.ca/search-new/EN

cec_21

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
jes_ON said:
You misunderstand. It's not that experience itsef that is not "valid" but the documents you submitted were not valid. That means - get a new letter from the company, and make sure the letter has a date on the top when it is issued.

You can try again, if you correct the error with the first application. People do it all the time.

If you feel you need a consultant, make sure to find one who is certified with the ICCRC.
http://secure.iccrc-crcic.ca/search-new/EN
What letter shall i get from them, and do you have a link for EE?