+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP REQUIRED - Experienced Advise Needed

MrLeads

Nov 1, 2016
Dear Members,

I am new to this forum and planning for the QSWP for next year. I can see many people already applied this year and previously also. Need your help on some queries. Please answer my following questions (whichever you know would be a great help). Thanks in Advance.

1. (a) Do I need to register with Mon Project now or when the QSW open next year?
1. (b) If I need to register now, then is there any English version of the website or I have to continue with the french version?
2. I am applying with my spouse. In that case does she require IELTS exam score or just mine will be fine? I have seen in some place that there's no point for spouse's English language proficiency.
3. Do I need to equivalence my Degree with any organization (like WES) or just my degree papers and transcript will do? Does my spouse's degree also needs equivalence certificate in that case?
4. There are some law firms working on QSWP. Are they capable of handling file well or I better apply myself?
5. If I have point more than 59 without IELTS, would that be sufficient to apply or I better add IELTS to be in the safer side.
6. I earlier appeared for Academic IELTS in 2013 and that score has expired now but can I use that score to apply for QSWP?

Looking for your honest help. These answers may help others too. I'd update my queries if needed.

mgmbbd

Aug 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Trying to answer your queries from my basic knowledge of QSWP. Hope others will answer your queries in brief.

1. (a) Do I need to register with Mon Project now or when the QSW open next year?
Well, the program for next opening yet not announced (the cap till 31st March'2017 has reached). You can create one account next year Jan/Feb if you have everything required with you and then the data will be valid for 90 days. If within this 90 days the QSW program opens, you can submit your application. If 90 days exceeded then your data will be deleted from their system and you have to create another account.
1. (b) If I need to register now, then is there any English version of the website or I have to continue with the french version?
Only FRENCH available. BUT support is given there.
2. I am applying with my spouse. In that case does she require IELTS exam score or just mine will be fine? I have seen in some place that there's no point for spouse's English language proficiency.
Your Spouse's English proficiency doesn't matter. So no need of that but to be on the safer side if you further apply for FSW or other PNP program, better have your spouse's IELTS or other English score ready. That helps actually. For QSWP, it doesn't matter (with present rules).
3. Do I need to equivalence my Degree with any organization (like WES) or just my degree papers and transcript will do? Does my spouse's degree also needs equivalence certificate in that case?
As far what I have seen and know, as of now this is not required for QSWP. BUT other PNP programs require this paper.
4. There are some law firms working on QSWP. Are they capable of handling file well or I better apply myself?
Its up to you. If you think you can make mistakes while fill up your form and messed up things for you then go ahead with a law firm else you can submit on your own. Remember you know yourself much better than the Law Firm, whereas the law Firm knows about the program much better than you. So difficult to answer. Hope someone else would answer better this question.
5. If I have point more than 59 without IELTS, would that be sufficient to apply or I better add IELTS to be in the safer side.
Tricky thing to answer. I personally believe you may proceed but having a good score in your English Language Test would help the officer to judge yourself better. That is what it is. Else a Language can always be learnt. End of the day, you have to learn FRENCH as well (after arriving there for daily work).
6. I earlier appeared for Academic IELTS in 2013 and that score has expired now but can I use that score to apply for QSWP?
a BIG NO. Though last time they allowed till June or July 2015 (don't remember) score. But now better have recent score.

mgmbbd

Aug 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey how things are going? So didn't hear from anyone else yet??? People are busy with their files you know. Just wait and you'll get some replies for sure. Members are really helpful.

MrLeads

Nov 1, 2016
mgmbbd said:
Hey how things are going? So didn't hear from anyone else yet??? People are busy with their files you know. Just wait and you'll get some replies for sure. Members are really helpful.
No not yet. Thanks for asking.

I have a situation and asking forum members to help me. I have 60 points without IELTS. Can I apply without IELTS and get selected?

Waiting for your reply friends.

rabeya84

Mar 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2014
Doc's Request.
still not
Nomination.....
waiting for that
AOR Received.
October-2014
IELTS Request
Send with Application
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
waiting for that
Med's Done....
waiting for that
Interview........
waiting for that
Passport Req..
waiting for that
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
MrLeads said:

I have a situation and asking forum members to help me. I have 60 points without IELTS. Can I apply without IELTS and get selected?

Yes, You can.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
MrLeads said:

I applied without English and French tests and received CSQ.

MrLeads

Nov 1, 2016
APPNOV2014NY said:
I applied without English and French tests and received CSQ.
rabeya84 said:
Yes, You can.
Thanks to both of you for your reply. BUT I'd like to know, if I get the CSQ without IELTS or any other English test result, would I need to submit the result in Federal Round or then also I need not to submit IELTS???

Another query is, Do I need my ( or my spouse's) education credentials to be assessed by WES or any other ECA provider? Kindly tell me for both CSQ as well as Federal stage.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
MrLeads said:
Thanks to both of you for your reply. BUT I'd like to know, if I get the CSQ without IELTS or any other English test result, would I need to submit the result in Federal Round or then also I need not to submit IELTS???

Another query is, Do I need my ( or my spouse's) education credentials to be assessed by WES or any other ECA provider? Kindly tell me for both CSQ as well as Federal stage.
For QSW , Language tests are not required in Federal application.
WES Evaluation is not required for Quebec or Federal round.

MrLeads

Nov 1, 2016
APPNOV2014NY said:
For QSW , Language tests are not required in Federal application.
WES Evaluation is not required for Quebec or Federal round.
Thank you so much for your generous reply. Glad to know that.

I have explained my points in the below table. Can you (or anyone) tell me if the points are right and also am I eligible with this point table???

Applicant’s (i.e. Me) Point -
Age (18 to 35) - 16
Education (Bachelor Degree) - 10
Work Experience as IT Manager (more than 5 years) - 8
Area of Training (Computer Engineering) - 16
Financial Self Sufficiency (Fixed Deposit of CAD 25,000) - 1

Spouse’s Points –
Education (Master Degree) - 4
Area of Training (Section C) - 2
Age (18 to 35) - 3

Total Point without IELTS – 16 + 10 + 8 + 16 + 1 + 4 + 2 + 3 = 60

MrLeads

Nov 1, 2016
@APPNOV2014NY or other forum members... waiting for your reply

Anyone please reply my last post. Thanks in Advance

MrLeads

Nov 1, 2016
APPNOV2014NY said:
Sorry. I am not good at points calculation.
Oh that's fine. You need not to be SORRY for that. I am sure someone else would be able to help me out. Please friends check my last post and tell me if I did the math right?!?

ummea4canada

Apr 29, 2016
Hi everyone .....
Hope everything is going well.
I had tried for MON project in last session...but i failed/////
My turn was after 163000......
I was eligible>Now my question is how could i apply that i may select in 5000?

Please reply.......

MrLeads

Nov 1, 2016
ummea4canada said:
Hi everyone .....
Hope everything is going well.
I had tried for MON project in last session...but i failed/////
My turn was after 163000......
I was eligible>Now my question is how could i apply that i may select in 5000?

Please reply.......
How come this fits into my post??? :eek:

mgmbbd

Aug 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MrLeads said:
Thank you so much for your generous reply. Glad to know that.

I have explained my points in the below table. Can you (or anyone) tell me if the points are right and also am I eligible with this point table???

Applicant’s (i.e. Me) Point -
Age (18 to 35) - 16
Education (Bachelor Degree) - 10
Work Experience as IT Manager (more than 5 years) - 8
Area of Training (Computer Engineering) - 16
Financial Self Sufficiency (Fixed Deposit of CAD 25,000) - 1

Spouse’s Points –
Education (Master Degree) - 4
Area of Training (Section C) - 2
Age (18 to 35) - 3

Total Point without IELTS – 16 + 10 + 8 + 16 + 1 + 4 + 2 + 3 = 60
Your Point Calculation seems fine. I think you can move ahead with this. I am sure there are members who know much better about point calculations. Hope they will turn up here.

All the best.