+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help - Related to POF

ngupta

May 6, 2017
Hi Experts,

IRCC claims

"Purpose

To confirm whether the applicant meets the low-income cut-off (LICO), assessed by the amount of money they hold compared to the number of people in their family

Document requirements

• The applicant should provide an official letter(s) from one or more financial institutions that lists all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans.
    • o The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months.
  • Other documents may also be requested, as necessary."

My Question is: I have made fixed deposits of the money required for my POF. Do I still need to submit to IRCC my previous six months bank statements ?

Thanks.

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
If FD is your primary POF then you do not need bank statements. Just get a letter from the bank for your FDs and attach the copy of the FDs