+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help regarding Transcripts/Degrees

milady*

Jul 15, 2009
Hello everyone,

Hope all of you are doing good. Actually I am a little bit confused in terms of the degree/transcript issue.

According to London visa office specific instructions, it says to send notarized college/university documents while original transcripts in university-sealed envelopes to satisfy the educational qualifications requirement.

My problem is that I have got a three-year diploma from a university, on the back side of which marks and everything else is stated (unlike the case where the diploma/degree/certificate and transcripts are separate).. so in this case, what should I be sending now?

Also, what if one's university does not issue original transcripts copy in the sealed envelopes? Can the attested copies do the trick? If not, what can be done in that case?

Any guidance will be really appreciated,
regards,

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Depend on case by case situation, I am aware by this forum, many applicants just sent notarized copies of degree and transcripts and they worked. P.S, I did same . Where you have true reason and its not just avoiding rulings, submit a cover letter with all details, Hope they will understand. Good luck

milady*

Jul 15, 2009
Thanks for replying mahharrouf.

So you mean to say that an attested copy of transcript would suffice provided we send a detailed letter of explanation as to why we couldn't send the original copy?

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
milady* said:
Thanks for replying maharrouf.

So you mean to say that an attested copy of transcript would suffice provided we send a detailed letter of explanation as to why we couldn't send the original copy?

Well "Milady" I was actually pointing out University sealed envelope issue. As I mentioned above, all depend visa office requirements, Let talk about my visa office, they havent requested me sealed envelope or orignal copies etc, while your visa office requesting you orignal education documents. So What I recommend you, Send orignal Diploma , as its included Diploma and transcripts/Marksheets both. And write a cover letter , Why its not possible to obtain a University Sealed Envelope.

milady*

Jul 15, 2009
Thanks again.

But I am kind of dubious about sending the 'original' diplomas/transcripts.. I mean if we send them as original and NOT in the 'notarized copy' format, then what else are we left with in that case? (I am assuming that once documents sent, they become the personal property of the visa offices and are not returned back to us, or are they?)

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They will return you. If they are requesting your orignal, then probably they have to return. They can't keep your orignal eductaional documents.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
Take a copy of the back where your transcript is and get your university to stamp it, then put it inside an envelope and get them to stamp the flap again. This should work.

What makes an original an original? It is not the colour paper but the original stamp. Thats my opinion anyway.

aanbaan

Champion Member
Apr 1, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Apr-2009
Doc's Request.
14-May-2009
AOR Received.
09-Jul-2009
Med's Request
30-Aug-2009
Med's Done....
05-Sep-2009
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
30-Aug-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-Feb-2010
LANDED..........
08-Aug-2010
i don't know .. difference in opinion..

original stamp is tricky business..

they make stamps @ Re. 1 per letter in India for straight stamps and Rs. 3 per letter for round stamps in India... do they really believe stamps? Letterhead again cannot be printed in high quality from a local printing press. so, that can still be proven true...

it's very subjective. and that's the reason they probably make those calls to employers.

University sealed transcripts means many tings... original letterhead... original college stamp... original registrar's stamp.... original university envelope... original envelope seal stamp...

these are a lot of things to get together illegally. so, consulates and colleges insist for these...

+ I'm sure they have samples of all of the above from all major universities. so, sending them a university sealed transcript assures that they will not waste time verifying your education credentials.

you would need to send them your degree/diploma certificate (notarized copy) + original university sealed envelopes. in absence of latter, provide justification and supply notarized copies of marksheets.

milady*

Jul 15, 2009
Thanks all for the heads up. But what if the notary is the local Embassy in the country in case the university does not notarize it or because of the unavailability of someone to go in person and get the copies attested?
I live in a country different from where I have achieved the degree, so how about getting the local Embassy to get this attestation job done?

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
nope, that won't work.

The main thing is that CIC really wants it from the university, not a certified photocopy from an embassy. What country are you from? Also if it is easy to get another original from your country, then CIC is not going to buy into anything less.