+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help regarding medical condition

dhmchk

Nov 20, 2009
Hi All,

I am planning to apply under FSW from New Delhi. My occupation is amongst the list of 38 occupations.
I have gone through this forum extensively and found satisfactory answers to most of the questions regarding application process.
There is only one problem for which I have not found any satisfactory answer/explanation/assurance.
I am suffering from Psoriasis for the last 7-8 yrs. My ailment is limited to skin lesions only, which come and go at different times of the year.
This is the only thing which is holding me back from applying for a Permanent Residency. I do not want to waste time and money in this whole process if my application is going to be refused at the last stage, on the basis of my medical condition. Therefore, I request for your kind help.
If any forum member has had any experience or knowledge in this matter, or they know of somebody who had similar situation or any doctor /IO consultant who has dealt with a similar situation, please enlighten me regarding the same.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
bro,

psoriasis is no reason of concern. be x'tal clear abt it. the meds do not even touch that. all they check is blood, urine, eye & chest x-ray for:
1. HIV, STD
2. Dimentia
3. TB
4. Diseases requiring quarantine
5. Major illness (which requires considerable Canadian resources for treatment)

any illness of minor nature is not bothered, at all.

hope that helps.

canadiannoor

Nov 20, 2009
My brother has similar conditions and they have asked for his passport for visa stamping meaning he is nearly through.So i do not think you will have any problem regarding psorasis.All the best

SalaRaj

Oct 2, 2011
qorax said:
bro,

psoriasis is no reason of concern. be x'tal clear abt it. the meds do not even touch that. all they check is blood, urine, eye & chest x-ray for:
1. HIV, STD
2. Dimentia
3. TB
4. Diseases requiring quarantine
5. Major illness (which requires considerable Canadian resources for treatment)

any illness of minor nature is not bothered, at all.

hope that helps.

Dear Seniors, Qorax, CockNBull, And others Please answer the below question.....am Thank full....

When a person can claim points for adaptability for spouse education and experience? For example One apply to CIO Nova Scotia for FSW category and gets approval. After that, before sending full documents to Visa Office, he gets marry and claims adoptability points for wife education, while sending full documents to Visa Office after CIO initial approval.

Will he be granted adaptability points?

S. A. Raja

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SalaRaj said:
Dear Seniors, Qorax, CockNBull, And others Please answer the below question.....am Thank full....

When a person can claim points for adaptability for spouse education and experience? For example One apply to CIO Nova Scotia for FSW category and gets approval. After that, before sending full documents to Visa Office, he gets marry and claims adoptability points for wife education, while sending full documents to Visa Office after CIO initial approval.

Will he be granted adaptability points?

S. A. Raja
Hi!

I think you are talking about MI-1 instructions where applicants used to send their applications initially to CIO and after initial approval they send full docs to visa office in 120 days. If that is the case and your application is not gone in process you can send proof of marriage and claim adaptability points for spouse education etc. Thanks