+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help regarding incorrect info on Police Certificate

Dear_Flow

Jan 22, 2024
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to get your input regarding an issue I encountered on my police certificate.

A little background; so me and wife is currently about to apply for PR through CEC (got our ITA last year). Requested the necessary documents and what not. Fast forward to less than 2 weeks before we submit everything, we realized that I have incorrect Civil Status on my certificate. It states that I am "single" even thou when I applied for the clearance, it is stated that I am married (I have evidence of that).

My wife also applied for her police cert but she has the correct Civil Status stated there which is "married", and my surname is also on her certificate (evidence #2).
Question is, if I haven't got enough time for the mistake to be corrected on my certificate by the authorities, can an LOE suffice with all the necessary supporting docs (evidence that I stated that I am married when I applied for the cert and evidence that my wife's cert has me as spouse)?

Also got our marriage license/cert to back it up. But just wanted to make our application as complete as possible.

Thank you in advance for any input!