+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP QUORAX!! applied under FSW2 but company closed down

malu_danger

Jul 26, 2010
Here's my situation: I am an American citizen living in Canada since November 2008. I came here on a 3 year work permit after having received a positive LMO. In October 2009 I applied for permanent residence with AEO and fell under FSW2 and my application was reviewed and started processing in august 2010. After I did my medicals in late October and sent all the documents requested a tragedy happened! The company sponsoring me closed down and I lost my job. I got my CAIPS a couple of weeks ago and it says that my total points with the permanent employment offer was 85 and "RFV info to be sent."

So what should I do now?? Do I have to inform my VO of the change in employment status? Do you think my entire application would be reevaluated if I do? My total points w/o the AEO are 70 (still eligible) and I can provide proof of funds. Do you think that revealing my change in status will result in me having to leave the country? There are other potential job opportunities for me but I am unsure of the best way to proceed.

Any input welcome!!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
malu_danger said:
Here's my situation: I am an American citizen living in Canada since November 2008. I came here on a 3 year work permit after having received a positive LMO. In October 2009 I applied for permanent residence with AEO and fell under FSW2 and my application was reviewed and started processing in august 2010. After I did my medicals in late October and sent all the documents requested a tragedy happened! The company sponsoring me closed down and I lost my job. I got my CAIPS a couple of weeks ago and it says that my total points with the permanent employment offer was 85 and "RFV info to be sent."

So what should I do now?? Do I have to inform my VO of the change in employment status? Do you think my entire application would be reevaluated if I do? My total points w/o the AEO are 70 (still eligible) and I can provide proof of funds. Do you think that revealing my change in status will result in me having to leave the country? There are other potential job opportunities for me but I am unsure of the best way to proceed.

Any input welcome!!
1. U r required to intimate your VO of any change in status imdtly.
2. Around meds they'd anyway ask your current status, again.
3. If u r sanguine about 67+, w/out AEO, there shouldn't be any cause to worry.
4. If u have other opportunities - get hold of one asap.

Qorax

malu_danger

Jul 26, 2010
Thank you for responding.

I did my medicals in october and before I got the forms they called my company to confirm my employment status at that time, which they did. I'm afraid that if I inform them of the changes they will review my application and cause further delay. Do you think that they can deny my visa at this point?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
malu_danger said:
Thank you for responding.

I did my medicals in october and before I got the forms they called my company to confirm my employment status at that time, which they did. I'm afraid that if I inform them of the changes they will review my application and cause further delay. Do you think that they can deny my visa at this point?
There's no danger of denial - except on meds or security grounds.
U may like to hold informing them at this stage; if they ask - do so.

Qorax

Kismat_Konnection

Oct 6, 2011
malu_danger said:

Any input welcome!!

Do you mind sharing what happened to your case after that? Did you inform them about your job loss? Have you got PR?