+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[Help] Question about employment reference?

vivekforbes

Feb 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have worked in three different jobs through my career, and i can get the reference letter with details as below for different employer

1. Current company (In Canada) - Mentioned Full-time, duration, designation, number of hours per week, salary, and responsibilities in reference letter. (T4, payslips, offer letter, salary increment letter, verification letter can be provided)
2. Second Company - Mentioned Full-time, responsibilities, duration, designation(but no number of hours per week & salary). (Offer letter - Number of hours week & salary details included, payslips, salary increment letter, reliving letter can be provided)
3. First company - Mentioned Full-time, responsibilities, duration, designation, number of hours per week, salary. (Salary increment letter, and few payslips, reliving letter can be provided)

However, none of the letter mentioned "Permanent" in reference letter. Does it affect my application in any ways?

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Does "Permanent" should be mentioned in employment reference letter?

vivekforbes said:
I have worked in three different jobs through my career, and i can get the reference letter with details as below for different employer

1. Current company (In Canada) - Mentioned Full-time, duration, designation, number of hours per week, salary, and responsibilities in reference letter (T4, payslips, offer letter, salary increment letter, verification letter can be provided)
2. Second Company - Mentioned Full-time, responsibilities, duration, designation(but no number of hours per week & salary). (Offer letter - Number of hours week & salary details included, payslips, salary increment letter, reliving letter can be provided)
3. First company - Mentioned Full-time, responsibilities, duration, designation, number of hours per week, salary (increment letter, and few payslips, reliving letter can be provided)

However, none of the letter mentioned "Permanent" in reference letter. Does it affect my application in any ways?
It really not required. Will not affect you in anyways. Full-time should suffice.

Honeyaustin

Jun 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

vivekforbes said:

1. Current company (In Canada) - Mentioned Full-time, duration, designation, number of hours per week, salary, and responsibilities in reference letter. (T4, payslips, offer letter, salary increment letter, verification letter can be provided)
3. First company - Mentioned Full-time, responsibilities, duration, designation, number of hours per week, salary. (Salary increment letter, and few payslips, reliving letter can be provided)

even in my letter its full time, i never mentioned it permanent, so i think mentioning full time is sufficient

vivekforbes

Feb 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

How about my second company? Number of hours per week & salary is mentioned in offer letter, an not in reference letter. Is that ok?

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

vivekforbes said:
How about my second company? Number of hours per week & salary is mentioned in offer letter, an not in reference letter. Is that ok?
Perfectly fine

Honeyaustin

Jun 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

vivekforbes said:

can you paste your letter here so we can see it

vivekforbes

Feb 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Thanks. I have small problem with first company. In the first six months i was as trainee, but i was only offered after six months. In the offer letter, they didn't included first six month, but when i quit, my HR provided two letters, one mentioned i was trainee for six months, another mentioned my full (without that six months) duration of the job.

Is it ok to include that duration or just omit it. The problem is all my previous CIC application (Study permit, Study permit extension, Work permit) included that six months. What do you guys think? Should i omit it or pursue my employers to include that period in reference letter?

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

the word 'Permanent' should only be mentioned in the reference letter for a job supported by an LMIA. Because of its very time-consuming nature and arduous procedures for the employer, no employer would get an LMIA for an employee for a 'temporary' job.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016

Honestly, you don't even need to be employed full time for FSW (part time employment works as long as you meet the minimum number of hours worked); as a result, you don't need to specify 'full time' or 'permanent' in your reference letter either, as long as your total weekly work hours are mentioned explicitly.
Of course, different rules apply for LMIA assessments and employment- in that case, being as explicit and clear about the complete status of your job would probably work in your best interest. But under FSWP, you don't need to stress out too much, as long as your total number of weekly working hours are specified.

vivekforbes

Feb 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Thanks guys. What about that six months? should i include or just omit that. I am worried CIC might cross check with the information i provided when i applied for work permit. What do you guys think?

Anyway, I can get the reference letter including the trainee period, but its little extra hassle. I guess, its better to included in reference letter.

vivekforbes

Feb 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Any ideas on the last question?

thenewbie

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Definitely omit it if you won't be needing any CRS points from that particular job experience.

Don't be worried about the fact that you mentioned that particular job experience in your previous study / work permit applications. After your ITA, you just need to mentioned that particular job experience under your "Personal History", all jobs for which you are getting CRS points will go under "Work History".

vivekforbes

Feb 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Thank you. I am going to get the reference letter for my first job including my trainee experience, but going to attach all documents (reference letter, salary increment letter, reliving letter) except offer letter. I guess it will be okie right?

vivekforbes

Feb 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

I just realized i don't have payslip, offer letter (i lost it) for my first company, but i do have employment reference letter with responsibilities, two salary increment letter, relieving letter. Is that enough?

Current job
--------------
  • Employment Reference Letter with responsibilities - Not sure my employer will mention number of hours per week and salary (will try to get it mentioned in letter)
  • Offer Letter - Salary, benefits mentioned
  • Payslips
  • T4
  • Salary increment Letter

Previous Job (Second Job)
-----------------------------------------
  • Employment Reference Letter with responsibilities, but no hours per week and salary
  • Offer Letter - hours per week, benefits, and salary details are mentioned
  • Payslips
  • Form 16
  • Relieving Letter

Previous Job (First Job)
-----------------------------------------
  • Employment Reference Letter with responsibilities (number of hours per week, salary mentioned)
  • Relieving Letter
  • Experience Letter, but given as two pages(One page for just trainee details without salary (Six months), and another one with salary and other employment info(Remaining duration)) - Do i have to submit this?

is that good enough? I am worrying CIC will ask me to provide the payslips & offer letter for first company which i don't have, because i have less proofs then last two employers.

Please advice.