+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP!!! Profile Inelegible

jiggaman_16

Jul 1, 2015
I updated my NOC code a few days ago to one that is more suitable to my field. We all know that the points in the profile may change after a minute or two but the real change occurs after a day or two, which we are normally notified by email of. I changed my code from 2243 (Industrial Instrument Technician) to 7242 (industrial Electrician). Now, just after the 14th draw, my profile is classified as "Profile Ineligible"

http://

1) I read in another thread on here that this glitch tends to happen right after a draw (14th draw just occured)
2) Could this be due to me changing my NOC code? Are there some codes which aren't legit under Express Entry?

I had 357 points all along.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Most likely, this has nothing to do with the draw. If you changed only your primary NOC and did not change the NOCs of your individual work experiences, you would have been allotted 0 points in Work Experience on the FSWP grid and might have fallen short of 67/100 hence declared ineligible.

Whatever the reason might be, you can't work on an ineligible profile any longer and will have to create a new profile from scratch.

jiggaman_16

Jul 1, 2015
According to info gathered from other threads,
1) When asked if i have ever applied to Express Entry, i should put "No".
2) Would i need to re-register for the Job Bank?
3) Should i use a different email address?
4) Should i delete my current profile before creating a new one?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jiggaman_16 said:
According to info gathered from other threads,
1) When asked if i have ever applied to Express Entry, i should put "No".

Yes.

2) Would i need to re-register for the Job Bank?

Yes.

3) Should i use a different email address?

Yes.

4) Should i delete my current profile before creating a new one?

If you mean MyCIC, I imagine you can't delete an ineligible profile and it wouldn't matter. If you mean Job bank profile, you have to deactivate it.

jiggaman_16

Jul 1, 2015
I recreated the profile, streamlined the NOC codes & i'm now back on track. Still at 357 of course ::)

Think i'm gonna challenge the Certificate of Qualification exam in Ontario to get up to 407 points then apply for PNP.

Thanks very much for the extremely speedy response last night (less than a minute actually :eek:)....lookin for the +1 button but cant find it........
Wish you all the best in last night's draw 8)

MarkSmith1989

May 25, 2015
Hi there. I am trying to apply as an industrial electrician(7242). I got ineligible to apply as I didnt have the 67 points, and wondered what you recieved as an eca as my apprenticeship has been rated high school diploma which is only 5 points.

I am 26 -12 points
clb9 on all - 26 points
4 years continuous employment - 13 points(missed out on 6 years as i had 2 periods where i didnt work for 2 months)
so i think it is the education that is letting me down.

Thankyou for your help, Mark.