+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Pls! AINP Queries.... Updates during AINP processing.

Albularyo

Star Member
Sep 17, 2009
Manila
Hi, Anyone able to help me provide an advice pls.

I (i'm from Manila, Philippines) asked my sister to sponsor me through the Alberta Immigration Nomination Program thru family stream and I send my application to AINP Canada thru her together with her sponsor requirements last October 2008 and she received a notification last February 2009 that the application is in process and now we havent receive any updates from AINP since. However, on December 2008 i got married to my lovely wife so this complicates things and consequently I would want her to come with me to Canada so here's are the questions.

Question #1 Should I opt to update my current application or wait for my approval and then get my wife thru spouse sponsorship? We would want to choose the process that is faster and not much of a problem for processing.

Question#2 How long would it take for the processing to take place after i received the processing number? I believe i saw some 8-12 months timeline from the receipt of the processing number.

Question#3 The letter was adressed to my sister in canada informing her that she was given a file number. Is it her file number as sponsor application or is it mine?

Question#4 The letter didnt require the candidate for an IELTs exam even though i didnt submitted one. Should i get an IELTs exam and send the results to AINP in canada? I am currently working in a ph gov't agency and my undergraduate school is not listed on one of the listed schools/institutions.

I greatly appreciate any advice on this matter thanks! ;D

Albularyo

Star Member
Sep 17, 2009
Manila
Re: AINP - Got Married during AINP processing

I was informed that the new timelines are applicable to applications sent after jan 2009. I am also an applicant last oct 2009 and my sponsor received it around feb 2009 that my applicaiton is accepted for processing. And now comes the long wait...

I got a dilemma though.. i got married last dec 2008 and i wish for my wife to come with me to canada. What would be the best/legal and fastest way to process her application?

1st - Update my application to include her and sent her documents so she could be added in the candidate assessment? - I see an issue where my application will be considered to be a new application thus would take longer than usual AND we will be subject to the new rules where the candidate should be the one to show financial support of CAD 12,000 which we are not capable of doing at the moment.

2nd - Wait for my application to be approved (nomination) + CIC approved to get my PR then sponsor my wife as Spouse which only takes around 7months. - Issue would be, would i be considered misrepresenting my status when my application was approved? and that would be grounds for rejection of my PR status?

3rd - Wait for the approval of my nomination then inform the AINP that i have married and sent her documents? - would that be faster? atleast thats legal or im not misrepresenting my details.

Any advice pls thanks :D

Also im considering getting a lawyer but i would want to get some response from people who has experienced or has any ideas. Thanks