+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP please.

elixra

Oct 13, 2011
Hi everyone!

My Mom is a Filipina who is under the live-in caregiver program in Canada. She applied for permanent residence. And as her daughter I am her dependent. My brother and I have already received a letter last January 2011 that confirmed the receipt of our immigration application package on December 9, 2010. We are now waiting for the letter that would say that we have to undergo a medical examination.

Now, my problem is I got pregnant. I'm 23 yrs. old, a student. I'm not married, I don't have a common-law partner. My boyfriend and I broke up before I knew that I was pregnant.

Can someone tell me how would this affect our application?

Elixra.

murphy

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
how come that you are pregnant if you are not in common law? its magic?,,,,call immigration about that..

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
If you are not in common law, is a full time student when the app is submitted, fully dependent on your Mom for support, then by CICs definition of a dependent, you still qualify. If having a baby is not enough proof to show common law relationship then it should also not affect your application. One time/night of passion can and may lead to a baby.

elixra said:
Hi everyone!

My Mom is a Filipina who is under the live-in caregiver program in Canada. She applied for permanent residence. And as her daughter I am her dependent. My brother and I have already received a letter last January 2011 that confirmed the receipt of our immigration application package on December 9, 2010. We are now waiting for the letter that would say that we have to undergo a medical examination.

Now, my problem is I got pregnant. I'm 23 yrs. old, a student. I'm not married, I don't have a common-law partner. My boyfriend and I broke up before I knew that I was pregnant.

Elixra.

elixra

Oct 13, 2011
job_seeker, thank you for your response. Until now I'm a full time student and is fully dependent on my Mom for support.

job_seeker said:
If you are not in common law, is a full time student when the app is submitted, fully dependent on your Mom for support, then by CICs definition of a dependent, you still qualify. If having a baby is not enough proof to show common law relationship then it should also not affect your application. One time/night of passion can and may lead to a baby.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Gather your certificates of school registration showing full time studies and tuition fees paid for by your Mom, statement from BIR that you don't pay income taxes because you're not gainfully employed. These should help show your dependence on your mother.

elixra said:
job_seeker, thank you for your response. Until now I'm a full time student and is fully dependent on my Mom for support.

Stumpedmom

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/03/2011 Receivd CPC-M
AOR Received.
16/06/2011
File Transfer...
06/05/2011 Received in Buffalo, 06/2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Done....
12/10/2010
Interview........
waived...obviously cuz we got the PPR
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
24/8/2011 in our hands 8/29/2011
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
murphy said:
how come that you are pregnant if you are not in common law? its magic?,,,,call immigration about that..
very easy to become pregnant without being common law. You can produce a baby with any random person....you don't have to be living with them in order to get pregnant!!!

elixra

Oct 13, 2011
Thanks again. I have already gather all of those. I'm just really worried that I might be denied and be left alone here in the Philippines. If the medical exam would be next, do you think my present condition would affect the decision for our application?

For the other responses thank you as well.

job_seeker said:
Gather your certificates of school registration showing full time studies and tuition fees paid for by your Mom, statement from BIR that you don't pay income taxes because you're not gainfully employed. These should help show your dependence on your mother.

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
elixra you wont get denied because your are pregnant. once you received the MR go and do the medical examination and the clinic knows what to do if your still pregnant there some procedures that you have to wait until you deliver the baby for example the xray thing.

may i ask when did your mom apply for PR because there a huge backlog of PR application as of april 2010. hopefully she applied before that.

and when you deliver the baby you should inform the CIC manila, the baby will be Dependent child of a dependent child so your mom could still sponsor as long as your not on a common law with the father.

hopefully you get your visa before your due date so there be no problem. your baby will be canadian citizen.

elixra

Oct 13, 2011
Thanks, wsongco.

My mom applied March 2010 if I'm not mistaken and our application package was received last Dec. 9, 2010.

wsongco said:
elixra you wont get denied because your are pregnant. once you received the MR go and do the medical examination and the clinic knows what to do if your still pregnant there some procedures that you have to wait until you deliver the baby for example the xray thing.

may i ask when did your mom apply for PR because there a huge backlog of PR application as of april 2010. hopefully she applied before that.

and when you deliver the baby you should inform the CIC manila, the baby will be Dependent child of a dependent child so your mom could still sponsor as long as your not on a common law with the father.

hopefully you get your visa before your due date so there be no problem. your baby will be canadian citizen.

maddyahuja

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
hello

i actually got once refusal for study visa for canada due to insufficient funds this year....i showed them 8lcs of study loan and 2 lacz in a account and i already paid the 1st semester fee for sheridan college for IBM course of one year.
now i am re applying for visa but this tym i applied in Thomson rivers university for a course of 2yr for jan intake 2012
I want your help to let me know that now how much money should i showed to them so that i get the visa???

canaindian

Oct 29, 2011
elixra said:
Hi everyone!

Elixra.

Dependants are the one ..who are 21 yrs old and below and are not married/common-law relation.

U say u r 23yrs...how come u r dependent?

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Elixra falls on family members describe as Type C

He or she is 22 years of age or older, has depended substantially on the financial support of a parent since before the age of 22 and is unable to provide for himself or herself due to a medical condition.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5290EB.asp