+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help please... Some advice needed..

Bangkok16

Jun 24, 2015
Hello everyone, not sure if this is where I should post this query or if I should've posted it under Express Entry... Sorry if it's in the wrong category. But here goes...

I have just recently been granted immigrant status, and the visa stamped on my passport expires in November 25, 2017. I have a few things I need to take care of here in Thailand where I am currently working, so I can't move to Canada right away.

The solution I have thought of is to fly to Toronto for a few weeks and stay there for 3 weeks at most. Maybe first week of October to end of October. BUT I have read in the CIC website that the PR card will not be available right away and will only be mailed to my address after about a month.

This means that I will have already returned to Thailand by then.... What should I do? :(:(:(I've read that some have asked friends or relatives to send their PR cards to them when it arrives, but I've also read that there are RISKS, though I wasn't really clear on what these risks are.

Please? Any advice?

Thank you all!!

onkarsharan

Apr 21, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-07-2017
Doc's Request.
30-07-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
22-07-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
01-05.2018
Many people have been there in that case. Please arrange for a stable address to receive your PR Card.
Once they receive it, ask them either to send you by reputed courier companies like DHL or FedEx.
You don't need to be there for 3 weeks, you can even land there and exit the next hour.

Reactions: Bangkok16

Bangkok16

Jun 24, 2015
Thanks Onkarsharan! This really boosts my confidence.

Will it be advisable to get a one way ticket instead of a return ticket?

I'm just worried that I might be questioned when I land in Canada about my return ticket and the immigration officer might refuse to mail my PR card to me if he/she finds out that I'm planning on leaving after a few weeks.

Any inputs?