+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help please :s Which Process should we use?

BamBamBing

Star Member
Jun 3, 2010
App. Filed.......
End of March
Doc's Request.
End of April and End of May
AOR Received.
Mid-April
File Transfer...
Mid-May
Med's Done....
Mid-May
Hi All,

I'm a Canadian citizen (by birth) and I currently live outside Canada with my wife. I know that in order to be eligible to sponsor her, I have to prove I will move back to Canada once her PR is approved.

I read on this forum I can do this with letters from family, friends, detailed relocation plan, etc. I know the form says rent agreement and/or job offer but to rent a place of find a job 14 months in advance is not realistic (average processing time for Mexico :mad: ) . (any other items I can provide?)

I'm from Quebec and all my family is there but given the current job market in Quebec (and income taxes!!), we are thinking about moving elsewhere in Canada where we could potentially have better jobs (I lived in Ontario before moving outside Canada). We are still not 100% sure as it would be much easier for my wife with my family and friends in Quebec (and also easier to prove I will move back to Qc) and the economy/job market can change quite a lot in 14 months.

What do you think of :

Option 1- If we apply thru the Quebec process (CSQ, etc..), spend some time with my family while planing if we stay in Qc or if we move and... after 1 month (for example) we decide to move to another province, is that ok or that creates an issue?

Option 2- What if we do the other way around? Land in Ontario and move to Quebec after few weeks/months?

Option 3 - Obviously decide 1st where we want to go and "cast that in stone" for a year no matter what

Anyone has experience with that ?

PS: I don't really mind about the extra 200-300$ for the Quebec CSQ or the extra relocation cost

BamBamBing

Star Member
Jun 3, 2010
App. Filed.......
End of March
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Mid-April
File Transfer...
Mid-May
Med's Done....
Mid-May
Also, as the Quebec process has more steps (CSQ, etc) is it usually longer than the application for other provinces?

Kev1n

Nov 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/06/2014
AOR Received.
01/08/2014
File Transfer...
01/08/2014 ( 26/09/2014--AOR2)
Med's Request
14/10/2014
Med's Done....
17/08/2013
Passport Req..
14/10/2014
BamBamBing said:
Hi All,

I'm a Canadian citizen (by birth) and I currently live outside Canada with my wife. I know that in order to be eligible to sponsor her, I have to prove I will move back to Canada once her PR is approved.

I read on this forum I can do this with letters from family, friends, detailed relocation plan, etc. I know the form says rent agreement and/or job offer but to rent a place of find a job 14 months in advance is not realistic (average processing time for Mexico :mad: ) . (any other items I can provide?)

I'm from Quebec and all my family is there but given the current job market in Quebec (and income taxes!!), we are thinking about moving elsewhere in Canada where we could potentially have better jobs (I lived in Ontario before moving outside Canada). We are still not 100% sure as it would be much easier for my wife with my family and friends in Quebec (and also easier to prove I will move back to Qc) and the economy/job market can change quite a lot in 14 months.

What do you think of :

Option 1- If we apply thru the Quebec process (CSQ, etc..), spend some time with my family while planing if we stay in Qc or if we move and... after 1 month (for example) we decide to move to another province, is that ok or that creates an issue?

Option 2- What if we do the other way around? Land in Ontario and move to Quebec after few weeks/months?

Option 3 - Obviously decide 1st where we want to go and "cast that in stone" for a year no matter what

Anyone has experience with that ?

PS: I don't really mind about the extra 200-300$ for the Quebec CSQ or the extra relocation cost
Option 4. move to Alberta (lots of jobs there )After staying with family.

BamBamBing

Star Member
Jun 3, 2010
App. Filed.......
End of March
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Mid-April
File Transfer...
Mid-May
Med's Done....
Mid-May
Thanks Kev1n

We are actually also considering Alberta.

To land (I mean airport/arrive) in Quebec, we need the CSQ, no?

Or you suggest I land in <Other Province>, go to visit the familly in Quebec and then fly/drive back to <other province>)? (so to do the full PR application as landing in <other province>)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
BamBamBing said:

1. There are no problems with this option. You guys would be free to live outside of Quebec.

2. You are free to move to Quebec but without a CSQ, your wife may find it very difficult to access provincially funded programs such as healthcare.

3. If you're not worried about the CSQ costs, then your best bet is to just apply through the Quebec process and have both options open.

The CSQ really doesn't add much time to the overall PR process.

To land in Quebec without a CSQ, she would need proof that you guys aren't staying in Quebec, such as a ticket showing onward travel to a destination in a different province. Even then, they may refuse to land your wife in Quebec.

BamBamBing

Star Member
Jun 3, 2010
App. Filed.......
End of March
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Mid-April
File Transfer...
Mid-May
Med's Done....