+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP PLEASE explain letter from Canadian High Commission in New Delhi

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RPM said:
Hi Ariell,

Hope you are enjoying your visit to India...its COLD here..Lucky you :)
Sorry to hear about the PCC. I hope your husband has included the PCC's from all the countries he has lived over 6 months since the age of 18. If he has, the only possible reason they returned the passport without visa would be because they have expired.

No idea what will happen when you send back the PCC...someone more experienced like Leon or PMM can advise you.

Mridula
Hi Mridula
Thanks again for checking up on me. Cold? WEll guess it's all relative. I just took a 14 hour bus trip from Dharamsala to Delhi and I was frozen! Delhi is actually pretty cold today. At least you have heat! ;-) But I did get a few days in with my flip flops so that makes me happy. And Dharamsala was unseasonably warm and sunny which was fantastic.

Yes, we only included the PCC from INdia because that's the only place he's lived in since 18. It's frustrating that they didn't ask for the PCC initially because when we sent it in it was very close to the 3 month expiration date. So do they normally MAIL back the visa? OR do you go in person to get it from the CHC? Just wondering because my husband's cousin is immigrating to Australia and I"m pretty sure he has to go in person to get the visa.

Happy New Year!

TinaP

Star Member
Dec 21, 2008
Hi Ariell,
Yeah, I can understand your feelings as each day is very long for us at that time, one extra week!!!
That could have been told earlier to save one week.
Thank you for your wishes.
Areill, you told that they were on one week leave, and you had to call them on Monday, so they were on leave on Christmus week? And are they open again??
Thank you, and wishing Happy New Year.

PPB

Dec 25, 2008
Isnt CHC, ND off on Mondays? I think they work through Tuesday-Saturdays.

I sent them an email enquiring if they wanted any more documents from me to issue my visa. But of course I dont expect a reply.

I saw on some threads that they asked for passport size photos from the applicant along with the passport request. But they did not ask me. So I guess they will make do what we submitted with the original application we submitted in CIC-M.

Happy New Year all...

RPM

Star Member
Oct 2, 2008
Hi Ariell,

In my case they mailed the visa (Passport i mean). Not exactly sure what will happen after you send the re-newd PCC. Try looking at the thread "sponsering husband from Morocco"....I am sure they woud have discussed this PCC expiry in there...

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PPB said:
Isnt CHC, ND off on Mondays? I think they work through Tuesday-Saturdays.
They were definitely open on the Monday when I called. As far as I know, they've never been open on Saturday. You can view their hours here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/information/offices/missions/new-delhi.asp

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RPM said:
Hi Ariell,

In my case they mailed the visa (Passport i mean). Not exactly sure what will happen after you send the re-newd PCC. Try looking at the thread "sponsering husband from Morocco"....I am sure they woud have discussed this PCC expiry in there...
Thanks for the info RPM. Wow, that thread is over 50 pages long!!!!! It will take some time to make my way through all the info. :)

PPB

Dec 25, 2008
Thanks Areill, I wonder if they update the e-CAS? Status there has remained the same since my papers started getting processed in India from Nov 13, 2008.

PPB

Dec 25, 2008
TinaP, did you hear something from CHC-ND?

TinaP said:
Yes PPB, RPM is very right.
We have sent passport in November 08 and still waiting for the visa, it is slow due to Holiday season.
We have also got our all pictures back with the passport request and Foreign Travel Form which we had to submit. I think better is to wait atleast till January 15th. Please let us know if you get the visa.

Thanks RPM, I will definitely let you guys know when I will get feedback from CHC- New Delhi.

Have a nice day.

TinaP

Star Member
Dec 21, 2008
Hi all, who are waiting for the PP back.
Please check your e-status as it has got updated now, and I have got "Decision Made". I think, it's end of wait for me, now it all depends on our post-service! PPB, please check your e-status and hopefully you will be able to see something.
Thank you RPM, MED, PMM and all others for giving me support during this time.
Best Luck to all.

RPM

Star Member
Oct 2, 2008
Congratulations Tina! I am very Happy for you. Good luck with everything going forward.
Do et us know when you recieve the visa :)

TinaP

Star Member
Dec 21, 2008
Thank you RPM,
I will definitely let you know. Now we are eagerly waiting for the PP back, which can take 2 weeks also (depending on the relationship with postman!).
Have a nice day,
Tina

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow! CONGRATULATIONS TINA!!!!!!! What a great way to start the new year!!

Can I ask when you originally submitted your application and when they started processing in New Delhi? And did you have to do an interview?

I checked my status and it still says "in process" though I would think they wouldn't be making a decision til they get the new Police Certificate and my husband will just be mailing that today.

RPM

Star Member
Oct 2, 2008
TinaP said:
Thank you RPM,
I will definitely let you know. Now we are eagerly waiting for the PP back, which can take 2 weeks also (depending on the relationship with postman!).
Have a nice day,
Tina
It ususally comes in speedpost. So, dont worry. It shoud be here in a day or 2.

TinaP

Star Member
Dec 21, 2008
Thanks RPM,
Hi Ariell,
My time-lines are,
July 20th -> Submitted application at CIC-M
Aug-22nd -> Got sponsorship approval
September 7th -> Process started at CHC-ND
September 22nd -> Got letter asking for some missing documents
November 20th -> Received letter asking for the Passport and Foreign Travel FOrm
November 26th -> Submitted the passport
Today on Monday 5th, e-client status got updated as DECISION MADE", i.e medical results received, and we will inform you the decision in written.
So, the point to be noted is that, they update the website on Monday. I have done study of many cases (old cases too), and checked the date and day using the Calender to get the idea when they are updating. IN most cases, they got the STATUS UPDATE on Mondays.
Ariell, I think, the reason, they asked for new police clearence is because it was nearer to 3 months expiry when you sent the application. I think, after getting new PCC, they should send you the Passport Request soon. My husband didn't get the interview call. All the best dear and have a nice day.

PPB

Dec 25, 2008
Tina, CONGRATS! This is great news. The wait is finally over.

Tina, whats your timeline?