+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP PLEASE explain letter from Canadian High Commission in New Delhi

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RPM, wow, thank you so much for the valuable tips!!!! We would never know this otherwise. I didn't realize that he would be able to get health insurance in India.

My husband doesn't drive so that won't be an issue. He had joked that he should get his license before coming to Canada but now it looks like he won't have time! I hope!! Anyway, even if he did go and get it, as you said, he'd have to show that he was driving for a certain period of time and getting a letter to say he's been driving for a week will certainly not impress anyone will it?? That's terrible about your letter, but yes, I can believe it. Everything in Indian govt happens very very slowly. My guess is that they couldn't be bothered if you are not in the country so they made it less of a priority. I do hope you get it soon though!!

RPM

Star Member
Oct 2, 2008
Hi Ariell,

You are welcome. I took the health insurance from Apollo Hospitals. They said they cover a few hospitals in GTA (Where in Canada you live by the way?). I was already covered through their regular insurance in Apollo (Yearly renewal programm) and they extended it for me since I was travelling abroad. Ask your husband to check with them. They are pretty good.
Honsetly speaking, I have given up on the idea of getting the letter from RTA!
I think you should be driving for over a period of time to get this expemt and a week is not sufficient. Living in Delhi, and knowing the traffic, i am not surprised he doesnt drive. I have a few family friends who live there and they dont drive either.

TinaP

Star Member
Dec 21, 2008
Hi RPM,
I have one question for you.
In Foreign Travel Form, we filled the details only for my husband (He is sponsored one, and I am sponsor) and not mine. My information was also required?? I am in Canada only.
We haven't heard anything so far!
Have a good day!

RPM

Star Member
Oct 2, 2008
Tina,

You dont have to fill any of your details. Its the person who is being sponsored (your husband in this case) is required to fill the travel form.

TinaP

Star Member
Dec 21, 2008
Thanks RPM.
In that case, now we will have to wait for Passport only (after this holiday season gets over!).

RPM

Star Member
Oct 2, 2008
Yes, I am positive you will get it very soon now. What a great way to start the New Year with good news :)
All the best and keep us posted when you get the visa!

PPB

Dec 25, 2008
RPM, I sent my passport to CHC, ND on 8th Dec, 2008. But till now I have not heard back from them and my status remains "In Process" on eCAS still.

When they requested for my passport, they returned our engagement, wedding and honeymoon pictures. I in turn sent my foreign travel details with my passport as asked.

I have noticed in another Discussion Forum that CHC, ND has been pretty slow this time of year to send back passports. However some people even got back theirs in two weeks time.

My question to you is that should I send CHC an email and ask them about my passport. I know they received it on 8th (I tracked through DHL). I need to plan for my travel, resignation from my job, etc. and no timeline doesnt really help.

Please suggest.

Regards.

RPM

Star Member
Oct 2, 2008
PPB,
I would suggest wait for another week before you email them. I do agree that in few cases passports are sent back sooner than the others but give them at least 4 weeks time before you email them. I dont think they will respond even if you email them after only 3 weeks.

As for the resignation, I can totally understand your concerns. I also had to give 4 weeks notice at work after I got my visa. But I would recommend you not to resign until you get back your passport. Any way you waited for months, a few more weeks will pass by before you know it. Its frustrating that there is no time line but you will know 'something' for sure in the next 2 weeks.

TinaP

Star Member
Dec 21, 2008
Yes PPB, RPM is very right.
We have sent passport in November 08 and still waiting for the visa, it is slow due to Holiday season.
We have also got our all pictures back with the passport request and Foreign Travel Form which we had to submit. I think better is to wait atleast till January 15th. Please let us know if you get the visa.

Thanks RPM, I will definitely let you guys know when I will get feedback from CHC- New Delhi.

Have a nice day.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RPM said:
Ariell,

Havent heard from you for a long time. Got the Visa yet?
Hi RPM
Sorry, I've been visiting my husband in India and haven't been checking email much.

Anyway, still no visa........ :-(

He got a call from the CHC on the 22nd but we missed the call. We tried calling but they told us just to wait and someone would call back. Of course, no one did. Then we got a registered letter on the 24th and were so excited, thinking it was an early Christmas present(!) but it was a request for another police clearance certificate. :-( They sent back his passport. Is that a good sign?? They say that the police certificate they have on file is not acceptable but don't say why. So we tried calling CHC again but they said they were closed for Christmas holidays and advised us to call back on the Monday. We did but then they said that they don't accept phone calls and that we should send an email or fax. (Why didn't they just tell us that last week???) We did but I'm sure it will be some time before they respond. We have assumed that it's simply because the PCC was almost expired when we sent it in. Anyway, I hope that is the reason. Any thoughts on what the next step will be once we get the PCC and send it in???

TinaP

Star Member
Dec 21, 2008
Hi Ariell,
That's quite interesting. Have they asked to send the passport again with new police certificate, or you have to wait for another PPR?
Yeah, that's right. Except, Canada call center, they don't attend phone-calls elsewhere. We have to write them a mail and it can take 3-4 weeks also for reply. When you sent your documents to CIC-Mississauga initially?
Thank You and Best Luck.

RPM

Star Member
Oct 2, 2008
Hi Ariell,

Hope you are enjoying your visit to India...its COLD here..Lucky you :)
Sorry to hear about the PCC. I hope your husband has included the PCC's from all the countries he has lived over 6 months since the age of 18. If he has, the only possible reason they returned the passport without visa would be because they have expired.

No idea what will happen when you send back the PCC...someone more experienced like Leon or PMM can advise you.

Mridula

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TinaP said:
Hi Ariell,
That's quite interesting. Have they asked to send the passport again with new police certificate, or you have to wait for another PPR?
Yeah, that's right. Except, Canada call center, they don't attend phone-calls elsewhere. We have to write them a mail and it can take 3-4 weeks also for reply. When you sent your documents to CIC-Mississauga initially?
Thank You and Best Luck.
Hi Tina
No they didn't ask for the passport again, only the PCC.

I understand that they don't take calls but it's frustrating that they specifically told us to call back and speak to someone. So we had to wait the 5 days for the office to open again and then they tell us to send a fax or email. Why didn't they just tell us that in the first place?? It would have saved the time. It seems that for a case-specific question like this where they've sent you a letter with little info., they should be able to answer your question. We initially sent the application near the end of Sept. Good luck with your application.