+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP! Outland Spousal sponsorship question

moushu

May 30, 2015
Hi guys,
I am a Canadian Citizen and I sponsored my husband who currently lives in States (not a US citizen, he is a Nepalese citizen). I sent my application on August 2015 and I received the application # sometime in September. Although my husband lives in States, he has a Nepali citizenship, which is why am guessing our application went to Delhi-India.
1) So does this mean, the processing time I should be looking at should be of India? I am so confused as to which country I need to check to know the processing time for my application? Is it Canada since its ask for ‘where are you applying from”? Or is it Nepal or India???
2) We found out on Sept 12, 2016 that there’s a new status ‘Decision Made” under the title of sponsorship application, however, it's still “In process” for PR application.
Sponsorship Application Status
1. We received your application to sponsor (Name) on September 9, 2015.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 15, 2015.
3. We started processing your application on September 14, 2015.
Permanent Residence Status
1. We received (Name) application for permanent residence on September 9, 2015.
2. We started processing (Name) application on September 26, 2015.
3. Medical results have been received.
Any idea what does it mean? Does this mean step 1 of the sponsorship application, which is assessment of the sponsor, has been completed and they are processing the step 2? Or does this mean they have made a decision on the entire application? I am guessing it’s for the entire application since if I were rejected as a sponsor, then my file would have never reached to Delhi.
3) It will be a month next week with this DM status and I haven’t heard from then since then. Any clue how long they usually take to contact us after decision made status? I am kind of little worried because few folks have been telling me that they should contact us within 2 weeks. Should I take this status as a positive decision?
4) And by the way, I have a use of representative/lawyer. So will they contact my lawyer instead, or the applicant itself?
5) We also had to change my husband’s US address which we did it on June 2016 and they still haven’t updated it. My lawyer said he got a confirmation receipt from them so in case if they had sent anything, then we can reopen the case with the proof of that receipt.

LeeLaLa

Oct 6, 2016
Hi, yes it is very confusing indeed as i've been through similar process ( my hsbnd Canadian was sponsoring me(citizen of post soviet state).
1st and most important step is your assessment as a sponsor. Since you have a representative as contact for immigration then your representative should have contacted you and advise if your sponsorship was approved.

2nd, in my case when medical was received (in April 2015) after that i was invited for the interview in Ankara, Turkey (in November 2015)visa processing for my country is being done in Canadian embassy in Ankara.I already was in Canada ( on visit visa 10 years) and did not want to fly to the other end of the world. So my representative wrote the letter to immigration asking if they could conduct interview in Canada, they rejected based on the regulation that for the citizens of my country the interview can be done there only in Ankara since iam on visit in Canada less than a year ( i arrived to Canada sept 2015). i requested an extension and traveled to Turkey in Feb 2016, apparently to proof the legitimacy of my marriage. I was not granted PR visa at that time, i return to Canada after interview and got confirmation for PR two moths later. Sent passports to Ottawa, in two weeks passports were returned with PR visa stamps to my representative who did not bother to look that they expire in 15 days ( because my immigration medical i had in my home country was done in April 2015 so keep this in mind) , but by the time they rich the town i live we had 4 days before expiry and i have to live and re enter the country to become a landed immigrant. And for me its difficult coz i need visas to go anywhere close to Canada or travel far which i could not afford. I was furious that made my representative to do her job and she called to immigration and they suggested to travel to Alyska :eek:, there is a check point at Stewat/Hyder with no US customs . So here we went , 13 hours drive in beatiful british columbia. And when the officer said : Welcome to Canada! It was one of the biggest relieves!!!I received PR card in July same year.
When you are married different nationality and trying to bring your spouse to Canada as a PR it is challenging but possible. Wishing you the best of luck!!!

moushu

May 30, 2015
I am glad it worked out for guys and you are finally together. Am just worried because we havent heard anything after I saw "decision made" status. They never contacted us for anything(no documents were asked, and neither for an interview). Did you had DM status as well? If so, how long did they take to contact you after that??

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
moushu said:
I am glad it worked out for guys and you are finally together. Am just worried because we havent heard anything after I saw "decision made" status. They never contacted us for anything(no documents were asked, and neither for an interview). Did you had DM status as well? If so, how long did they take to contact you after that??
DM + In Process combination usually means they have decided on the Sponsorship application, and the eligibility of both parties. Now they will be working to decide on things like the genuine nature of your relationship, etc etc.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
hi,
to know what visa office the application was sent to, refer to the sponsor approval letter you received. that will tell you where the application is processing.

there was a recent update push on ECAS/MyCIC, and a lot of sponsor status' changed to DM, even though they have already been approved for whatever length of time. you could have simply been part of this update push.

when the applicant's status changes to DM, that's when you know the application has been approved. More than likely, he will receive a passport request letter before his status changes. the applicant will receive notification, not the sponsor.

to know the trend for where his application processes, you first need to determine where it is located. again, your sponsor approval letter will have this information.

moushu

May 30, 2015
Thanks guys for your response. My lawyer told me that it was actually sent to Delhi visa office since my husband is a Nepali citizen and we don't have a Canadian embassy in Nepal. But I don't think this means I need to check the processing time of India or does it? I was actually checking the processing time for USA (14 months) and Nepal (12 month) which has passed already. I never checked it for India because the application for Nepalese citizen actually goes to Delhi. The reason why I wanted to know the correct processing time is to contact them . They won't respond unless the normal processing time for my application has passed.

Since its been 13 months already, I doubt that DM is the approval for the first step of the application, which is assessing my eligiblity as a sponsor. I feel like its probably for the entire application. If it's for the entire application, then I hope my husband or my lawyer will get a request for a passport soon. I feel so helpless.

moushu

May 30, 2015
My husband went for the interview on Nov 2016 and we still haven't heard from them :( and now my husband is stuck in Nepal as his visa for the US expired and he can't even come to Canada. Cic asked for a copy of his MRP passport on March 22nd, 2017 and we got so excited (it wasn't an official type of email that usually the visa office sends), however, they again emailed us to send a "photocopy" of his passport on April 5th. Again??? But this time it was an official email referring to the application for admission to Canada. why are they asking for the same thing twice??? And now we are just waiting for them to send us passport request email not for a photocopy but for the physical passport.

Do they email us on the weekends? Or is just on the weekdays? It's been 3 weeks since we sent them the photocopy and we haven't heard from them since then. I am too frustrated and stressed with this whole thing. They gave us until April 5th to submit the photocopy. Will they only ask for the passport after this deadline? Does anybody have any experience with this? Like how long do they usually take to ask for the passport once we have sent them the photocopy?

trikiliki

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/08/2016
AOR Received.
22/09/2016
File Transfer...
22/09/2016
Med's Done....
PASSED UPFRONT
Interview........
RECOMMENDED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
moushu said:
My husband went for the interview on Nov 2016 and we still haven't heard from them :( and now my husband is stuck in Nepal as his visa for the US expired and he can't even come to Canada. Cic asked for a copy of his MRP passport on March 22nd, 2017 and we got so excited (it wasn't an official type of email that usually the visa office sends), however, they again emailed us to send a "photocopy" of his passport on April 5th. Again??? But this time it was an official email referring to the application for admission to Canada. why are they asking for the same thing twice??? And now we are just waiting for them to send us passport request email not for a photocopy but for the physical passport.

Do they email us on the weekends? Or is just on the weekdays? It's been 3 weeks since we sent them the photocopy and we haven't heard from them since then. I am too frustrated and stressed with this whole thing. They gave us until April 5th to submit the photocopy. Will they only ask for the passport after this deadline? Does anybody have any experience with this? Like how long do they usually take to ask for the passport once we have sent them the photocopy?
Did you resend again after the second request?