Help on ECA selection!!!!

Tikhe0001

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Friends,

Can somebody please help me with the ECA selection of my spouse’s Education. I had earlier asked this question on couple of other threads also but with no reply. So asking again.

The WES summary of my spouse’s education is as under :

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Postgraduate diploma (one year)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Science
Year: 2006
Awarded by: XXXXXXX University
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: Science
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

2. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Education
Year: 2007
Major/Specialization: Education
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor of Education

3. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Master of Science
Year: 2009
Major/Specialization: Mathematics
Canadian Equivalency: Postgraduate diploma (one year)

I have no doubts regarding credential 1. It is bachelor’s degree of 4 years.
My query is regarding credential 2 and credential 3.

a) Regarding credential 2, it was a one year course. However, the Equivalency simply states bachelor of education without any no. of years. What should I select – none or any other option?

b) Regarding credential 3, the Equivalency simply is Postgraduate diploma (one year). Earlier there was option of two or more degrees .......(option between bachelors and masters) was an option available .However now it is gone. What should I select – one year undergraduate study (though is post graduate diploma).. or something else?

PLz help.

Thanks in advance. And +1 for all replies.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
You would need to select Bachelor's as your spouse does not have a master's equivalency.

olipearce1987

Feb 22, 2016
this is one of those classic CIC bugs/issues where on the section where they say 'How to read your report' they clearly state of two or more degrees, your results, but done give you any option to select it, so Bachelors is your only response.

How ever you may want to log this with them as a technical issue?

ankitrdeo

Nov 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
20-04-2017
File Transfer...
26-07-2017
Hi Buddy,

What did you finally select for your Post Graduate Diploma?? I have the same problem and since the option of two or more is no more here is what i did : My WES report says Bachelors degree (Four Years) and Post Graduate Diploma (One Year). As per the CIC website, I am eligible for the points under Two or more degree, diplomas or Certificate, one must be from program above 3 years or more. The drop down under express entry does not have the option of "two or more degrees, diploma,etc". Hence, I have selected canada equivalency "Bachelors" for WES evaluation which says "Bachelors (4 years)" and canada equivalency "One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university" for WES evaluation which says Post Graduate Diploma (One Year). I get 119 points for the same which i checked, i get the same points 119 had there been Two or more degrees or diplomas

Since there is no option to select "Two or more degrees, diploma or certificates with one must be above 3 years or more", do you think the option i have selected is correct.

Your help in this matter would be highly appreciated.

Tikhe0001 said:
Hello Friends,

Can somebody please help me with the ECA selection of my spouse’s Education. I had earlier asked this question on couple of other threads also but with no reply. So asking again.

The WES summary of my spouse’s education is as under :

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Postgraduate diploma (one year)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Science
Year: 2006
Major/Specialization: Science
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

2. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Education
Year: 2007
Major/Specialization: Education
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor of Education

3. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Master of Science
Year: 2009
Major/Specialization: Mathematics
Canadian Equivalency: Postgraduate diploma (one year)

I have no doubts regarding credential 1. It is bachelor’s degree of 4 years.
My query is regarding credential 2 and credential 3.

a) Regarding credential 2, it was a one year course. However, the Equivalency simply states bachelor of education without any no. of years. What should I select – none or any other option?

b) Regarding credential 3, the Equivalency simply is Postgraduate diploma (one year). Earlier there was option of two or more degrees .......(option between bachelors and masters) was an option available .However now it is gone. What should I select – one year undergraduate study (though is post graduate diploma).. or something else?

PLz help.

Thanks in advance. And +1 for all replies.