+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help: No sin number on T4

rooneyp

Aug 17, 2013
Hi everyone,

I luckily just received ITA for last draw. I have been preparing my documents and i am ready to send my application. However, i just noticed one of my T4 that doesn't have correct SIN number on it. The sin number only shows 000 000 000. I know this is an accounting mistake because my other T4 has my correct SIN number. I just wonder if i send that T4, does that raise a concern on my application? Also my address on T4 is company's address, is it normal as well?

Thank you very much for your help.

cayla

Dec 16, 2015
rooneyp said:
Hi everyone,

I luckily just received ITA for last draw. I have been preparing my documents and i am ready to send my application. However, i just noticed one of my T4 that doesn't have correct SIN number on it. The sin number only shows 000 000 000. I know this is an accounting mistake because my other T4 has my correct SIN number. I just wonder if i send that T4, does that raise a concern on my application? Also my address on T4 is company's address, is it normal as well?

Thank you very much for your help.
You can login your personal CRA account, check the T4 slip, you may able to find the right one.

lotiaal1

Apr 9, 2016
Hi,

I recently became a PR. My T4 has my old temporary work permit sin number (starting with a 9). My HR said since that was the Sin number I was working under last year, the old sin number would be okay on the t4 for the 2019 tax return. Can someone confirm if this is correct?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I recently became a PR. My T4 has my old temporary work permit sin number (starting with a 9). My HR said since that was the Sin number I was working under last year, the old sin number would be okay on the t4 for the 2019 tax return. Can someone confirm if this is correct?
It's fine. Your temp SIN is connected to your permanent SIN.