+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed

nirjhor911

Oct 20, 2017
Dear all,
Its a very good forum for having solution .i have some query :
I have completed my 4 years diploma in engineering.Then i started job and gaining experience (full time experience).I am already working for almost 3 years. Noc code-7315.In the meantime i am also doing graduation in computer science and engineering (which is almost over 8 month left).

My query is that i have heard any experience before graduation is compared to zero.My graduation subject and diploma subject is different.Work experience is based on diploma subject.

I will try to get clb 9 in ielts. how is my chances of express entry ? or should is start in a college 2 years diploma program? i can afford about cad $ 25000 ..which will be my best way to get into canada?Because i heard its tough to get visa for diploma programs.

Thanks in advance

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Dear all,
Its a very good forum for having solution .i have some query :
I have completed my 4 years diploma in engineering.Then i started job and gaining experience (full time experience).I am already working for almost 3 years. Noc code-7315.In the meantime i am also doing graduation in computer science and engineering (which is almost over 8 month left).

My query is that i have heard any experience before graduation is compared to zero.My graduation subject and diploma subject is different.Work experience is based on diploma subject.

I will try to get clb 9 in ielts. how is my chances of express entry ? or should is start in a college 2 years diploma program? i can afford about cad $ 25000 ..which will be my best way to get into canada?Because i heard its tough to get visa for diploma programs.

Thanks in advance
I'm not sure where you heard that work experience before you graduate doesn't count. As long as the work experience meets other criteria (see below), then it counts, as far as I am aware:

Criteria for work experience under Federal Skilled Workers programme:
  • at least one (1) year of FULL-TIME work experience (or the part-time equivalent)
  • that was continuous (i.e. not interrupted by employment breaks other than normal vacation / sick/ personal leave, etc.)
  • that was paid
  • under your primary NOC Code (which must be Skill Type/Level 0, A or B)
  • within the last ten (10) years
Criteria for work experience under Canadian Experience Class programme:
  • at least one (1) year of FULL-TIME work experience in Canada (or the part-time equivalent)
  • in one or more Skill Type/Level 0, A, or B NOC Codes
  • within the last three (3) years
  • not obtained while being a full-time student

Last edited:

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
Criteria for work experience under Federal Skilled Workers programme:
  • at least one (1) year of FULL-TIME work experience (or the part-time equivalent)
  • that was continuous (i.e. not interrupted by employment breaks other than normal vacation / sick/ personal leave, etc.)
  • that was paid
  • under your primary NOC Code (which must be Skill Type/Level 0, A or B)
  • within the last ten (10) years
Criteria for work experience under Canadian Experience Class programme:
  • at least one (1) year of FULL-TIME work experience in Canada (or the part-time equivalent)
  • in one or more Skill Type/Level 0, A, or B NOC Codes
  • within the last three (3) years
  • not obtained while being a full-time student.
See the highlighted corrections and edit your post accordingly. Good Luck!

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
See the highlighted corrections and edit your post accordingly. Good Luck!
Thanks; I copied and pasted and forgot to edit.
I don't see the part about student employment not being applicable under CEC on CIC's website; can you point me to that so I can update my records? (I'm preparing a guide to help some friends of mine with their application).

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
The work experience you can use to apply for the Canadian Experience Class must not have been gained while studying full time on a student permit (for example, experience gained while on a co-op work term). [Source]

To be considered under the Canadian Experience Class:
You cannot count work experience you gained while enrolled as a full-time student. Your work experience must have been gained while on a valid work permit, such as the Post-Graduation Work Permit. [Source]

Reactions: crescent_jam

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
The work experience you can use to apply for the Canadian Experience Class must not have been gained while studying full time on a student permit (for example, experience gained while on a co-op work term). [Source]

To be considered under the Canadian Experience Class:
You cannot count work experience you gained while enrolled as a full-time student. Your work experience must have been gained while on a valid work permit, such as the Post-Graduation Work Permit. [Source]
You are awesome! Thanks!

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Thanks; I copied and pasted and forgot to edit.
I don't see the part about student employment not being applicable under CEC on CIC's website; can you point me to that so I can update my records? (I'm preparing a guide to help some friends of mine with their application).
work experience during studies is not counted if that happened in canada, anywhere else is fine