+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Needed!!!!!!!!!

kskiss

Nov 22, 2016
Hello, everyone in this forum

My name is Jason, I am from China. In 2009, I came to the USA for high school. After 3 years, I transferred to a college in Seattle, after 2 years of study, I got my AA degree which is freshmen and sophomore in an university. Then I transferred to Seattle University majoring in finance. A year ago, I came to the states for further studies, but my family had some financial problems, so i had to drop out. I am basically illegal in the states. Recently, my friends told me that Canada has some PNP programs that can grant citizenship card. So i want to give a try and go study in canada. The problem is that I have been illegal in the states for about one year, will i get rejected by the embassy?

Thanks a lot!!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You cannot apply for citizenship directly - you would have to apply to become a permanent resident first.

Yes - if you qualify, it's possible for you to apply to become a PR of Canada while you are in the US without status. Do you have at least one year of full time (paid) legal work experience? This is a requirement for pretty much any immigration program in Canada.

You can find out more about Canada's immigration programs here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply.asp

kskiss

Nov 22, 2016
well, for work experience, I dont have any experience in the states because the government doesnt allow international students to work while on study visa. So, are you saying i can still apply for school in canada and go study in canade? I heard that for students, we have to provide police certificate, will i able to get that under my illegal status?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
kskiss said:
well, for work experience, I dont have any experience in the states because the government doesnt allow international students to work while on study visa. So, are you saying i can still apply for school in canada and go study in canade? I heard that for students, we have to provide police certificate, will i able to get that under my illegal status?
You can apply to immigrate to Canada (become a PR) while illegally in the US. However you require work experience for this - so it's highly unlikely you would qualify.

Getting a study permit in Canada won't be possible for you. To obtain a study permit you have to prove you have strong ties to your home country and have no plans on remaining in Canada long term. In other words, Canada wants to see that you are a genuine student and won't abuse your visa privileges. Given your illegal status in the US, the chances of being approved for a study permit in Canada are effectively nil.

Given the information you've provided, I don't think coming to Canada is possible for you at this time.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
kskiss said:
What are the programs that i can apply to become a PR if i have a year of experience?
You'll need to read through the link I provided above. It contains details about Canada's immigration programs.

Note that the work experience needs to be legally obtained.