+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP NEEDED

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
Hello all,
I became a canadian citizen by being granted citizenship, also known as naturalization, Currently i am living abroad along with my wife who is expecting and her sponsorship case is in process
My questions are as follow:
1. does the bill c-24 has any effect on me at all??
2. Our kid born will be a Canadian citizen??
3. do i need to send the Originals of all the documents for the grant of citizenship or certified copies will do such as the copy of my certificate of citizenship??

any help will be highly appreciated

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
OKK said:
Hello all,
I became a canadian citizen by being granted citizenship, also known as naturalization, Currently i am living abroad along with my wife who is expecting and her sponsorship case is in process
3. do i need to send the Originals of all the documents for the grant of citizenship or certified copies will do such as the copy of my certificate of citizenship??

The bill has no effect on you, you're already a citizen. Your unborn child, if born abroad, will be a citizen since you are naturalized. You will need to apply for proof of citizenship when they're born.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/proof-how.asp

You will need to get certified copies of all your documents. The instructions are included with the application package.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OKK said:
Hello all,

If I understand it correctly, you have become a citizen already and is living abroad with your spouse whom you are sponsoring. Your spouse is also expecting your child.

First, you are already a Citizen, so the new Bill doesn't apply to you.

Second, I don't think the Child automatically becomes a Canadian citizen since you were granted citizenhip as opposed to born in Canada.

If your Child is born outside of Canada, then your spouse will add him/her in the application and the baby will arrive as a PR. Of course, when your spouse applies for citizenship in the future, your child will be eligible for Citizenship too.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

goodman36 said:
If I understand it correctly, you have become a citizen already and is living abroad with your spouse whom you are sponsoring. Your spouse is also expecting your child.

First, you are already a Citizen, so the new Bill doesn't apply to you.

Second, I don't think the Child automatically becomes a Canadian citizen since you were granted citizenhip as opposed to born in Canada.

If your Child is born outside of Canada, then your spouse will add him/her in the application and the baby will arrive as a PR. Of course, when your spouse applies for citizenship in the future, your child will be eligible for Citizenship too.
1. Wrong. The OP is naturalized, so when the child is born it will be a Canadian citizen, all he has to do is apply for proof of citizenship: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/proof.asp
2. If the proof of citizenship hasn't arrived before the spouse is issued her visa, as the child is under 2 he can apply for a limited validity Canadian passport as well.

Toronto2014

May 28, 2014
goodman36 said:

I do not agree with this statement because the law says,

You are Canadian if you were born outside Canada after April 17, 2009, and at least one of your parents was naturalized in Canada before your birth.
Therefore baby wont need to apply for PR because he will be Canadian.

You need to contact the embassy and apply for baby passport after the birth.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

1. Wrong. The OP is naturalized, so when the child is born it will be a Canadian citizen, all he has to do is apply for proof of citizenship: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/proof.asp
2. If the proof of citizenship hasn't arrived before the spouse is issued her visa, as the child is under 2 he can apply for a limited validity Canadian passport as well.
My mistake then. Thank you PMM for correcting me.

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
Thank you all for your guidance however will certified photocopy of my citizeship certificate will do or do i have to send in all the originals??