+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed with WES documents

Murtuza S

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hi friends.

I wanted to get an ECA done for my diploma from Welingkar Institute for Human Resource Management.

I was able to get the Institute under WES approved institutions under professional education. However when I completed the WES order I got an email

Asking for submitting the "Certificate of membership" for the said diploma through Welingkars

Can u all please help me understand what is this certificate of membership that is being asked for by WES

kaddu747

Star Member
Jul 5, 2010
Bangalore, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-07-2016
Doc's Request.
02-11-2016
Nomination.....
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
29-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-29-2017

Murtuza S

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Nothing as such. I'm thinking since Welingkars was showing under professional education. It may have triggered this document like how they have with CAs ( Chartered Accountants). They have a certificate of membership

sanketpurnima

Star Member
May 28, 2017
Nothing as such. I'm thinking since Welingkars was showing under professional education. It may have triggered this document like how they have with CAs ( Chartered Accountants). They have a certificate of membership
Friends am too caught in same situation as WES stated the below. Is there any solution that the below will be considered by any other ECA.
I saw one the internet that this course is approved by AICTE

Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Postgraduate Diploma
Year: 2015
Awarded by: Prin. L.N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research - Distance Learning
Major/Specialization: E-Business
Canadian Equivalency: Two years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution
Remarks: The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential.

relyris

Sep 14, 2017
Friends am too caught in same situation as WES stated the below. Is there any solution that the below will be considered by any other ECA.
I saw one the internet that this course is approved by AICTE

Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Postgraduate Diploma
Year: 2015
Awarded by: Prin. L.N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research - Distance Learning
Major/Specialization: E-Business
Canadian Equivalency: Two years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution
Remarks: The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential.
you see you are getting assessment done either for Masters or professional course. You have chosen Professional Course.
Your course is neither Masters nor Professional.Professional Courses are like Chartered Accoutants,Pharmacists,Drs.registered nurses etc.They have to register and get a certificate of membership to practice.
since you have mentioned Professional therefore they are asking for registration/certificate of membership.
Unfortunately, it is not recognised.

sanketpurnima

Star Member
May 28, 2017
thanks frnds, i understand that i cannot claim for masters.

i have another question, as my Canada equivalence shows the below.
So when i create my EE profile and in Education history, i input one qualification as "Bachelor degree" as provided in there dropdown menu and another Diploma as
"Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute"

This is as per http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

BY SELECTING THE ABOVE I THI

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)

1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Diploma in Computer Technology
Year: 2002
Awarded by: Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education
Major/Specialization: Computer Technology
Canadian Equivalency: Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)

2. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Engineering
Year: 2006 Awarded by: University of Mumbai
Major/Specialization: Computer Engineering
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)