+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP Needed !! Study Visa Refused for January 2017 Intake.

macIndia

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
L-7.5, R- 7, S-7,W-7
Hi Guys,

Need your help.

My brother applied for Study Visa from India in Seneca College for Jan 2017 intake. He has got the refusal letter from CIC stating two of the following reasons.

10th - 8.8 CGPA
12th - 71.6%
English - 73
Physics - 56
Chemistry - 91
Math - 59
Physical Education - 79
IELTS - 7.5 (Listening - 9, Reading- 7.0, Writing- 6.0, Speaking - 7.0)

Course selected : Computer Programmer Analyst (3 years)

Financial Shown :

1st Semester Fee paid : Around CAD $8k - Paid via My Credit card (Brother's) from Canada
GIC submitted : CAD $10k

ITR :
Father : INR 3.5 lacs
Mother : INR 3 lacs

Rejection Reason given in letter.

Reason 1 : You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this
decision, I considered several factors, including:
purpose of visit
Reason 2 : (Other Reason) Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: Your qualifications, previous studies, missing marks cards, gap in studies employment, level of establishment, language abilities or your future prospects and plans.

Not sure what exactly is missing here and why this rejection. is this course mis-match ? I, Myself had the same kind of profile applying for computer course after 12th and got the visa without course mis-match reason. Not only me, a lot of others as well recently.

Spoke to couple of consultants as well, Some are saying to re-apply for the same intake and some of them are saying apply for the next intake by paying the fee from India.

Not sure what option to take.

Few suggested to take a short computer certificate course and re-apply in next intake to show the relevant study. Other suggested to opt for take Bachelors of Computers (3Years) and reapply after that.

Looking for advice.

Rajan Randhawa12345

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
May be the marks in the maths be the reason. As you have selected 3 years course.if you are reapplying what i suggest go for something in chemistry

macIndia

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
L-7.5, R- 7, S-7,W-7
Thanks for your response. this could be one of the reason. It was under SSP though. Going to apply for CAIPS notes to get some insight.

macIndia

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
L-7.5, R- 7, S-7,W-7
Rajan Randhawa12345 said:
May be the marks in the maths be the reason. As you have selected 3 years course.if you are reapplying what i suggest go for something in chemistry
would it be okay if in first application we apply for Computer course stating that interest is towards IT/Computer in SOP(statement of purpose) and in second choosing Chemistry course would contradict with SOP submitted in first application

macIndia

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
L-7.5, R- 7, S-7,W-7
Rajan Randhawa12345 said:
Us it spp or non spp
Thanks for your response, Rajan. It was under SSP though.

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
macIndia said:
would it be okay if in first application we apply for Computer course stating that interest is towards IT/Computer in SOP(statement of purpose) and in second choosing Chemistry course would contradict with SOP submitted in first application
I wouldn't advise you to change course. It's a good advice to enroll in a short term computer course. Also math and other subjects is not a problem. I and my brother had lower marks in maths but still got visa. ITR is on low side (maybe) as you are also a dependent student (I guess). It also matters if there are more dependents than both of you. Good Luck

macIndia

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
L-7.5, R- 7, S-7,W-7
Gymguy said:
I wouldn't advise you to change course. It's a good advice to enroll in a short term computer course. Also math and other subjects is not a problem. I and my brother had lower marks in maths but still got visa. ITR is on low side (maybe) as you are also a dependent student (I guess). It also matters if there are more dependents than both of you. Good Luck
Thanks for your response. Yes, Perhaps ITR could be one. But, I have completed my studies here in Canada. Now I am a foreign worker (Post Graduation Work Permit).

I think CAIPS notes might tell what was in VO's mind.

Meanwhile, going to ask him to take BCA ( to be safe) and start short term computer course (in order to apply for May intake).

sachin21515

Sep 9, 2016
This might be a reason that you(applicant brother) is already working in canada so applicant will not leave canada after completion of education.so if you want to apply again then pay tution from india.

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
sachin21515 said:
This might be a reason that you(applicant brother) is already working in canada so applicant will not leave canada after completion of education.so if you want to apply again then pay tution from india.
I believe you are grossly mis-informed - CIC doesn't restrict visa approval for individuals whose family members are Citizen/PR/WP holders in Canada in any way. One needs to provide solid reason for his program of choice and why Canada in particular.

The fee receipt from College/Uni doesn't say where it was paid from so it doesn't matter at all who paid for it. GIC has to originate from India from your or your parents a/c in Joint.

@Macindia - In my particular case some agents in Delhi advised us to hide that I am in Canada as a student but we stuck to truth and gave each every piece of truthful information. I hope that your brother didn't fall prey to any such type of misrepresentation. Most of these agents are "little knowledge too dangerous" type.

Good Luck for his second application.

dimplegod9

Nov 26, 2016
Hi all,

Even My visa got rejected on 26th November due to following reason- Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of the following : your qualifications, previous studies, employment, level of establishment, other educational opportunities available in your country or Canada, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.

Find blow my profile:
Applied under General category, offline on 17th November.
Graduate: Bachelor in Management (Marketing) BMS from Mumbai University
Work Experience: 6 years in sales
IELTS: 6.5 band
GIC: Paid
1st Semester Fees: Paid
Fund: 20 lac bank loan + 3.5 Lac my mother in law FD + my form 16+ my husband It return (All in India)- total 40+ Lac to take care of 2 years living expense.
Applied Course: PG in International Business Management from Lambton college, January 2017 intake
All experience documents submitted with SOP.

Can anyone please guide me on what should I do next in order to get visa?

dimplegod9

Nov 26, 2016
Hi all,

My visa got rejected due to following reason- Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of the following : your qualifications, previous studies, employment, level of establishment, other educational opportunities available in your country or Canada, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.

Find blow my profile:
Applied under Generalcategory, offline on 17th November.
Graduation & HSC: Bachelor in Management (Marketing) BMS from Mumbai University (Both in 1st class)
IELTS: 6.5 Band
Fund: 20 lac bank loan + mother-in-law FD of 3.5 Lac+ my for 16 + my husband IT return (All in India)
Applied Course: PG in International Business Management from Lambton college, January 2017 intake

Will re-applying with different course will help- say Marketing Management and Professional Sales?

HarshYADAV

Jan 12, 2016
dimplegod9 said:
Hi all,

My visa got rejected due to following reason- Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of the following : your qualifications, previous studies, employment, level of establishment, other educational opportunities available in your country or Canada, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.

Find blow my profile:
Applied under Generalcategory, offline on 17th November.
Graduation & HSC: Bachelor in Management (Marketing) BMS from Mumbai University (Both in 1st class)
IELTS: 6.5 Band
Fund: 20 lac bank loan + mother-in-law FD of 3.5 Lac+ my for 16 + my husband IT return (All in India)

Will re-applying with different course will help- say Marketing Management and Professional Sales?
U need a very strong SOP as u have more than 5 years of gap from ur last qualification. That is the only thing that can save your case, I suppose. You might not have connected ur previous qualification, work experience and futre goals with this course u r going to do. Also u need to convey ur plans after the course that u will return back to ur country and apply for so-so positions, which will lead u to ur future goals. Was there any gap of more than 6 months in ur career where u didn't do anything?

dimplegod9

Nov 26, 2016
Thank Harsh,

Your advice will really help & no, i dint had any gap of more than 6 months.
Also, shall i reapply with a different course now - "PG- Marketing Management and Professional Sales" ? along with strong SOP, will this help to get a visa?

HarshYADAV

Jan 12, 2016
dimplegod9 said:
Thank Harsh,

Your advice will really help & no, i dint had any gap of more than 6 months.
Also, shall i reapply with a different course now - "PG- Marketing Management and Professional Sales" ? along with strong SOP, will this help to get a visa?
I think so, also u should get some help from a good consultant, regarding this, before going ahead. The problem can also be with your sectional score in IELTS (which u haven't mentioned) Overall 6.5 is fine but individual section should not be less than 6 or in some cases 5.5. But the more, the better.